*** Official Northern Illinois VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Good question, and I don't have an answer unless he was to become the fourth guard in a super smallball lineup (kidding, sort of). If he keeps playing that well it's a good problem for Prohm to have to solve.
We play play a three guard lineup. There’s room for two guards off the bench getting major minutes

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Pretty amazing how many of our guys are freshman and sophomores. I think this team will work hard and keep getting better.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Nice win for the Cyclones despite the ugly 3 point shooting. They are going to have to win a few rock fights this year. Bolton will be able to score in the Big 12 as will Halliburton obviously. Still need a 3rd option on the perimeter to emerge. Nixon has to be more efficient offensively but I would rather him take 3 shots than double digits like in Corvallis. He wants to get to the NCAA Tournament so I think he will figure out and accept his role. Not sure if you can rely on Grill and a Jackson for more than 10 minutes a game. Both will continue to develop but neither is reliable at this point. Interested to see how we incorporate Solomon and Conditt together in Big 12 play. Scares the hell out of me if you have a skilled 4. All in all...good adjustments and a solid win despite the long range woes.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Nice win for the Cyclones despite the ugly 3 point shooting. They are going to have to win a few rock fights this year. Bolton will be able to score in the Big 12 as will Halliburton obviously. Still need a 3rd option on the perimeter to emerge. Nixon has to be more efficient offensively but I would rather him take 3 shots than double digits like in Corvallis. He wants to get to the NCAA Tournament so I think he will figure out and accept his role. Not sure if you can rely on Grill and a Jackson for more than 10 minutes a game. Both will continue to develop but neither is reliable at this point. Interested to see how we incorporate Solomon and Conditt together in Big 12 play. Scares the hell out of me if you have a skilled 4. All in all...good adjustments and a solid win despite the long range woes.

Personally been nothing but impressed with Grill. He has earned and deserves more minutes.

You can tell Jackson is going to be a really good player. The game just needs to slow down for him. Such a pretty stroke.

Sky is the absolute limit for Conditt love watching him play.

Bolton is so explosive. Needs to continue to improve his jumper.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What a strange game. 2 taunting technicals. The first half were we could neither play D or hit a shot. 2nd half really solid D and a enough improvement in shooting to get the W. Not many nights we'll shoot a single digit 3 pt shot %.

Glad we got the W and on to the next one.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Not many nights we'll shoot a single digit 3 pt shot %.
This team could have a lot of games that are close enough.

I think Jackson, Haliburton, and Grill can be okay spot-up shooters. Hopefully Bolton, Jacobson and Zion streaky enough to be effective. Nixon should not take them

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I’m surprised people are still surprised by this.

edit: not trying to sound snarky. Just genuinely surprised how many people on here are still clambering for Lewis.
I think a lot of it is we need shooters and he seemed like he could be a decent one. He’s obviously way way down the bench and never going to play but I also don’t know that he’s ever gotten a ton of time on the court or at least it seems like it.

Frankly I think it’s part of the reason for some of the Prohm haters. I think he has a philosophically different approach to roster development than a lot of Iowa State fans. His rosters have a lot more slasher style players and don’t have 3pt sharpshooters.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think a lot of it is we need shooters and he seemed like he could be a decent one. He’s obviously way way down the bench and never going to play but I also don’t know that he’s ever gotten a ton of time on the court or at least it seems like it.

Frankly I think it’s part of the reason for some of the Prohm haters. I think he has a philosophically different approach to roster development than a lot of Iowa State fans. His rosters have a lot more slasher style players and don’t have 3pt sharpshooters.

when has Lewis ever shown he’s a 3 point shooter?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cat Stevens

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I hope this team can embrace that they are a team that needs to play very sound defense and has to drive and get the ball into the posts for them to be successful this year. If they keep chucking a large number of threes every game they are going to lose a lot of them. Right now they just don't have enough good shooters. They probably will get better as the season goes on but play to your strengths. If they do that I believe they will be alright.

Help Support Us

Become a patron