*** Official Northern Illinois VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
question is whats our identity on offense because we definitely arent a good shooting team and bombing away from 30 ft contested is not a good shot. How are we going to get drives/cuts to the basket?
We did look surprisingly similar to what we’ve always done, but with players that aren’t good at it.

Towards the end we started going inside. However teams can double with impunity since we can’t hit shots. I guess keep attacking the paint and passing. It would be nice to get more in transition, but that requires rebounding

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey FYI for those sticking hard in this thread, that new Iowa vs Iowa state thread that was just started has Rahshon Clark as the OP.

carry on

Reactions: Halincandenza

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So what's the deal with poor FT shooting with kids these days? Not good enough for the highlight film? I don't get it. I'm old and I can shoot better than these guys.

And get off my damn lawn! Unless you can shoot free throws.. then you can walk across my lawn and ask to date my daughter.
My 8th grade daughter just went 7/8 in her game tonight.
I think I shot about 60% in HS so I can't talk.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I get what your saying but there are systems like what TCU used with a lot of drives coming from the free throw line, so it is possible to hide a not so great shooting team, besides a step in three has a much better chance of going in if help comes in defensively.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron