Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So why was Dolph babbling on about how the 10 games had to be in the first two months of the season? It seemed like there were cut and dry rules that they were quoting.

I guess serves me right for thinking he had a clue about anything.
for Bobo's medical redshirt, which is different.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
So why was Dolph babbling on about how the 10 games had to be in the first two months of the season? It seemed like there were cut and dry rules that they were quoting.

To be eligible to get a medical redshirt you can only participate in 30% of your teams games as long as they all fall in the first half of the season. Iowa plays 31 games so the number would be 10.

• Winner
Reactions: ATCy

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Understandable that none of these hok fans mention the greatest Iowa State/Iowa game of all time. They probably want to forget that epic 102-100 OT loss and the name LaFester Rhodes, forever.

That was great but I’d take the Terrence Allen guarding Brad Lohaus in the post game every single time.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
rooting for the team you supposedly root for to lose is a little much for me....I could see doing that if it's a pro team. College team....sorry, just can't root against those kids because I want a coach fired.

To each his own though....

THINK OF THE KIDS

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Make sure to stop by Spahn & Rose for aaaaaaalllll your lumber needs!

• Funny
Reactions: ATCy

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
This is the plan.
Looking at their schedule, they'll likely sit him in one of these games:
Oral Roberts
North Florida
Cal Poly
ORU gave Okie St a good game - not a gimme for Iola.
N Fla lost to 15th ranked Florida by 15 and beat Florida National (?) and Ga Southern in close games.
Cal Poly has not won, but they played North Dak State tight (7 point loss) - Bison are probably on a similar talent level as Iowa.
If I had to guess, they'll sit him for N Fla or Cal Poly. If Fran was smart, he would play Jorbo in those games and sit him vs TTech. TTU's defense will eat his and Connor's breakfast, lunch and dinner. Might as well put him in the 3 winnable games before the difficult stretch leading up to their superbowl (Dec 12).

ATCy

Jun 3, 2015
They both got tossed from their youngests AAU tourney is the rumor. I think it would have been all over Twitter if it was legit though
It's true. Guy at work today randomly brought it up and told me that his friend was there and Fran's wife did get kicked out but Fran wasn't there.
He also added that last year at the US Cellular Center high school shootout showcase day, apparently she made a big scene ******** about the admission fee being $15, higher than a usual game. He said another lady went over and told her "you know your husbands salary is public information and this isn't a good look for you".

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It's true. Guy at work today randomly brought it up and told me that his friend was there and Fran's wife did get kicked out but Fran wasn't there.
He also added that last year at the US Cellular Center high school shootout showcase day, apparently she made a big scene ******** about the admission fee being $15, higher than a usual game. He said another lady went over and told her "you know your husbands salary is public information and this isn't a good look for you".
That whole family kind of deserve one another

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Hmmm, reminds me of another former coach at Iowa. Alfraud was the exactly same way as Fran's wife. Always expecting a free this or a free that, even thought he could buy the entire store or restaurant with his exorbitant salary.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone