Why the Herman Hate?

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Being the Head Coach a Texas and still feel the need to bash ISU tells me he is an insecure pompous douche canoe.

Of coarse TX does not had to make as many offers. I'd like to put Tom at Wyoming, Indiana, or Memphis and see how many offer he would have to make to fill a class,

When you are head coach at TX , Iowa State should not be in your recruiting field of vision. But, it's nice to know we can live in his head rent free.

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
(maybe I don't know the whole "baggage story" that some seem to be alluding too...but if I wanted soap operas, I"d watch daytime TV. Not interested in bringing that into my football.)

steve deace with the spicy take.

Not surprise at all now with 'capitalcityguy' "don't need to be bringing that into my football" comment seeing who the poster is LOL. Who cares if Tom Herman knocked up some young woman on campus? Or went to massage parlors for a rub & tug, right?! As long as you've got your football, you're golden! Please excuse the rest of us who still value morals and decency when supporting a coach/team. We wouldn't want to blur any lines between soap operas and "your football". :confused:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
It was very hush hush at the time. Rhoads was being the nice guy and trying to let it go away without the negative attention. Eventually stuff like that will get out. Most people that have known waited until Rhoads was gone before talking about it.

Edit: a lot of stuff like that stays pretty hush hush on here because the coaching staffs do watch this board. Shane Burnham watched this board almost daily so a lot of people will keep “damaging info” like this off of the board.

From a pure policy perspective, keeping stuff like that "hush hush" can also be VERY bad (again, one thing if a guy goes to a strip club..another if an employee is sleeping with students).

That kind of stuff is always fascinating....how this is a board full of folks that have insider info or zero info, but the "pulse" of the fanbase (or message board fanbase) is measured by coaches or staffers.

Also always intriguing how the media (including CDubs) have to dance around private info/public info and maintain relationships, etc.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Listening to Campbell’s press conference and he was asked why he hasn’t beat Texas. He went on and on about how good the players were. Nothing about the coach.

and I didn’t think I could love Campbell more....

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
From a pure policy perspective, keeping stuff like that "hush hush" can also be VERY bad (again, one thing if a guy goes to a strip club..another if an employee is sleeping with students).

That kind of stuff is always fascinating....how this is a board full of folks that have insider info or zero info, but the "pulse" of the fanbase (or message board fanbase) is measured by coaches or staffers.

Also always intriguing how the media (including CDubs) have to dance around private info/public info and maintain relationships, etc.
America could never stand the smell of her own ****.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

There is a reason why Epstein was able to do what he did for so long... Media wanting to protect relationships.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Not surprise at all now with 'capitalcityguy' "don't need to be bringing that into my football" comment seeing who the poster is LOL. Who cares if Tom Herman knocked up some young woman on campus? Or went to massage parlors for a rub & tug, right?! As long as you've got your football, you're golden! Please excuse the rest of us who still value morals and decency when supporting a coach/team. We wouldn't want to blur any lines between soap operas and "your football". :confused:

I was speaking about the rumors. Is any of this validated? My point was I'm not interested in anyone getting trashed if it is based only on rumors or speculation.

oh.....and you might want to spend a little more time out here before you get too excited about the Deace reference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron