***WBB: 2020 Recruiting Thread***

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I'm really excited to see her too, and given her offers, her coach, what he said about her being able to be as good as Jackie, wow.

My mom saw her play a couple times and she loved her game and court presence.

Kansas State and Nebraska WBB boards were both crushed when she chose Iowa State. That tells me a lot.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Prospects Nation has star ratings available going back to 2013. In that time, ISU has:

1 5-star recruit: Donarski
19 4-star recruits: Buckley, Bell, Ricketts, Durr, Starks, Burkhall, Carleton, Camber, Johnson, Scott, Wise, Frederick, Joens, Kane, MEM, McBride, Ryan, Joens 2, Feuerbach

I think below 4.5 on Prospects it's a crap shoot.

The stat above agrees with you. It seems they give a LOT of recruits four stars.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Prospects Nation has star ratings available going back to 2013. In that time, ISU has:

1 5-star recruit: Donarski
19 4-star recruits: Buckley, Bell, Ricketts, Durr, Starks, Burkhall, Carleton, Camber, Johnson, Scott, Wise, Frederick, Joens, Kane, MEM, McBride, Ryan, Joens 2, Feuerbach

The stat above agrees with you. It seems they give a LOT of recruits four stars.

They do. I kinda look at them more for their 5 and 4.5 and higher ranked 4's with their overall rankings.

And their snazzy easy to assess class rank, like this:
2020 class rank prospects nation.PNG

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
ESPN Hoopgurlz has given out stars since 2011. ISU has four 5-star players in that time period: Wise, Ashley Joens, MEM, Donarski.

We've had seven 4-star players in that time period: Moody, Bingley, Buckley, Durr, Aubrey Joens, Feuerbach, Ryan.

Three-star players include Seanna Johnson, Bridget Carleton, and Kristin Scott, so keep that in mind.

LoL at those that had Seanna, Bridget and Kristin as 3 stars. 1 a all big 12 first team member, 2 a big 12 player of the year and 3 a second team all big 12 team who will be a future all big 12 first team member.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wow..that sucks! And she'd be a starter right away I'd imagine on Iowa or ISU.. probably not at ND though.
Yes she would start right away.
I'd guess that her friendships with Megan and Makenzie Meyer didn't hurt Iowa.
ND was certainly the "favorite," but I have posted before that AAU parents claimed that was not necessarily so. Well, they were right...

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Maybe the fact that the hoks
Sucks Clark wants to be a Bluderette. Can’t imagine what led to that decision.

Elite eight appearance last year
A good school

For us, the past few seasons have been disappointments. Also how many one and done in the NCAA that we have had in the last few seasons?

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
They got one great player - we got four great player and people - I like our chances!

Might break our losing streak (six going back to 2008) at Carver Mausoleum in 2020. Liking our chances with Scott and Joens as star upperclassman.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: StClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
How do we stack up against Iowa recently, let's say the last ten years, in head-to-head recruiting for 3-5 star recruits? Iowa seems to have taken their share.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Starting lineup next year will be interesting. I believe for sure that our backcourt next year will consist of 2 of the 4 2020 recruits.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Starting lineup next year will be interesting. I believe for sure that our backcourt next year will consist of 2 of the 4 2020 recruits.
Starters:
Scott, Joens, Wise, Ryan and Donarski?
Seeing time off the bench:
Rae, M E-M, Joens 2.0, Kylie F, Fred
Kane and Lindsey J

Alot of players and only 200 minutes to share.
Not necessarily a bad thing. Really enjoying the uptick in recruiting.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Starters:
Scott, Joens, Wise, Ryan and Donarski?
Seeing time off the bench:
Rae, M E-M, Joens 2.0, Kylie F, Fred
Kane and Lindsey J

Alot of players and only 200 minutes to share.
Not necessarily a bad thing. Really enjoying the uptick in recruiting.

That's a ridiculous amount of backcourt talent. I think there's a good chance MEM is starting since she'll have a year of Big 12 basketball under her belt. Donarski could end up being the first one off the bench, even though she certainly has the talent to be a day 1 starter.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
That's a ridiculous amount of backcourt talent.
There may be a breakthrough at post or center position with all the backcourt talent to feed into the hoop. Better than adequate is not asking too much, and if we have a breakout at the post with Scott et al, we may finally be really good.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
That's a ridiculous amount of backcourt talent. I think there's a good chance MEM is starting since she'll have a year of Big 12 basketball under her belt. Donarski could end up being the first one off the bench, even though she certainly has the talent to be a day 1 starter.

Next year will be interesting to watch for sure. Bill says Fuerbach the surprise, and Emily contribute from the get go.

Other than Scott, Wise and Joens, I'm not sure how the other say 90-100 minutes goes between the 7 other guards. Feels good to be in that position for a change.