***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Assuming Baylor/OU does not get to playoff or both reach NY6.

If season ended today: Cheez-It vs. Pac-12 (unless no team eligible) or possibly Texas (vs. Texas A&M)
ISU finishes 8-4: Camping World (vs. Notre Dame/ACC)
ISU finishes 7-5: Cheez-It (Pac-12/MWC) or Texas (vs. A&M)
ISU finishes 6-6: Liberty (vs. AAC) or Texas

If we want Camping World to remain in play, gotta beat Texas or that could be off the table immediately.

Current projections from CBS & ESPN
CBS: Cheez-It vs. Nevada
ESPN: Cheez-It vs. San Diego State (Bonagura); Liberty vs. Cincinnati (Schalabach)

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
To reach Alamo, several things have to occur, starting with sweeping the final 3 games. Other stuff could come into play involving OU and BU scenarios and if we ended tied with OSU (which holds head-to-head tiebreaker).

I won't worry about reaching that bowl until it becomes a realistic possibility --- even if Texas is a win, earliest we'd know how realistic that is won't come until after KU game.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Latest Projections:

Stewart Mandel from the Athletic:
Dec. 31 | Liberty | Memphis
Cincinnati* (SEC Nos. 3-8) vs. Iowa State (Big 12 No. 5)

Jerry Palm CBS & also the USA Today has the same:
Cheez-It Bowl Dec. 27 Tempe, Ariz. Big 12 vs. Pac-12 Iowa State vs. Nevada+

Brett McMurphy Stadium:
Texas Bowl – (Big 12 vs. SEC)
Projection: Iowa State vs. Florida State**

Sports Illustrated:
Liberty Bowl, Memphis (3:45 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Big 12 vs. SEC
Iowa State vs. Cincinnati

College Football News:
Cheez-It Bowl
Saturday, December 28
10:15 ET, ESPN
Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ
Big 12 vs. Pac-12
Secondary: Mountain West
Projection
: Iowa State vs. San Diego State

ESPN:
Cheez-It Bowl
Chase Field, Phoenix
Dec. 27, 10:15 p.m., ESPN

Bonagura: San Diego State vs. Iowa State

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
Dec. 31, 3:45 p.m., ESPN

Schlabach: Iowa State vs. Cincinnati

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Orlando, Phx or Houston please (I want some warm weather as I treat bowl games as my vacation).

Memphis again puke (I'd still probably go but it'd be a down and back trip with no vacation wrapped into it).

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I'll predict Cheez It bowl (Phoenix) but probably will get stuck back in Memphis

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Hoping for Texas in Houston for a new experience. But I'm OK with Liberty or Alamo as there is plenty more to do in each of those places, plus the cities take great pride in their bowl games.

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Goal for me is always level of opponent. Throw us in Alaska vs the best opponent possible. All in on Camping world vs Notre Dame, but if it’s camping world vs some average ACC team, I’ll take my chances elsewhere.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I know i said this yesterday, but i just see JP trying everything he can to not get us to memphis again.

camping is a stretch, like @cyclones500 said, if we want camping, we have to beat Texas and probably win out.

I still see cheez-it or texas.

i like cheez-its. go cyclones.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Goal for me is always level of opponent. Throw us in Alaska vs the best opponent possible. All in on Camping world vs Notre Dame, but if it’s camping world vs some average ACC team, I’ll take my chances elsewhere.
totally agree with this, I do think we need ND to lose another game to be playing in the CWB

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
In just these past 3 seasons of being in contention for bowl games, I’m already sick of what the Big 12 is affiliated with. Sugar and Alamo are cool, but everything after that is either a bland location or oftentimes an odd opponent (lower level ACC team, replacement AAC team in the Liberty Bowl, bad PAC-12 team in the Cheezit...I wish the entire bowl system would just become open waters or have more multiple tie in options.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Unless we win out or the Big 12 gets two in the NY6, then I think getting to Camping World will be a stretch. We are settling out to Houston, Memphis, or Phoenix.

I'd prefer Houston or Phoenix for the variety, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Memphis. The problem with Memphis on the SEC side is that it usually ends up being an AAC opponent because the SEC gets too many in NY6 and not enough to fill the rest of their bowl affiliations.

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
I think the Camping World reps really want ISU, but I also agree that we would probably have to win out and maybe get some help to be selected. I’m selfishly hoping for Phoenix because I have family down there, but I’m not sure if we would fall down that far in the pecking order. If we did, that likely means we likely ended the year with losses to UT and/or KSU.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Unless we win out or the Big 12 gets two in the NY6, then I think getting to Camping World will be a stretch. We are settling out to Houston, Memphis, or Phoenix.

I'd prefer Houston or Phoenix for the variety, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Memphis. The problem with Memphis on the SEC side is that it usually ends up being an AAC opponent because the SEC gets too many in NY6 and not enough to fill the rest of their bowl affiliations.
Watch we will end up playing a 6-6 Tennessee team in Memphis. A.K.A. a Vols home game.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Watch we will end up playing a 6-6 Tennessee team in Memphis. A.K.A. a Vols home game.

After playing against Memphis in a literal home game - and showing we can hang with that attendance and game-wise, I'd love this matchup. Plus Memphis is a great city for a bowl game.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron