***WBB: 2020 Recruiting Thread***

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
She took the choice that would make her a starter on the team. At ND or ISU she would have to work to be a starter. I like players who are not afraid to fight for a position.

just curious who will we have on the team that she’ll have to dislodge to be the starter?

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015
She took the choice that would make her a starter on the team. At ND or ISU she would have to work to be a starter. I like players who are not afraid to fight for a position.
I believe she waould have started but I also "think" the spotlight would been shared at Iowa State.

• Agree
Reactions: runbikeswim

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
My guess was ND. I would have liked her to go to ISU, but this way I can continue to not be a fan of hers.

I love her game; her antics I witnessed on the floor did not enamor her to many people.

Of course, she is still just a kid, so I would not be surprised if that changes once she's at the high Div 1 level. Will be interesting to see how she fits into that team - admittedly, I don't follow them too closely, but I wonder if she will be a 4 year starter.

• Dislike
Reactions: UNI1ISU2

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
just curious who will we have on the team that she’ll have to dislodge to be the starter?

4 guards.

Wise and Joens will start.

Clark would be competing with MEM, Rae, Donarski, Ryan, Frederick, Joens 2.0, and Fuerbach for playing time.

Clark at ISU would have been awesome, but we will be just fine.

Honestly, Donarski is the real deal.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
4 guards.

Clark would be competing with MEM, Rae, Donarski, Ryan, Frederick, Joens 2.0, and Fuerbach for playing time.

Donarski! Yes.

We WILL be fine! Goodness, we got recruits that LOVE ISU and ISU includes us guys. Now if just get a C/F to go nova.

Reactions: runbikeswim

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My guess was ND. I would have liked her to go to ISU, but this way I can continue to not be a fan of hers.

I love her game; her antics I witnessed on the floor did not enamor her to many people.

Of course, she is still just a kid, so I would not be surprised if that changes once she's at the high Div 1 level. Will be interesting to see how she fits into that team - admittedly, I don't follow them too closely, but I wonder if she will be a 4 year starter.

I would be crazy if she was not a four year starter. Top ten five star recruit is likely to start just about anywhere other than maybe a few blue bloods where she could be behind another five star upperclassman or something.

Guessing that Iowa and Iowa State landing five star players in the same recruiting classes has never happened before. Prospects Nation gave out 20 five stars for this class and two are committed here.

Will Lexi Donarski be our first consensus five star? I know Wise and transfer Middleton were ESPN fives but fours elsewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and bozclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
4 guards.

Okay, Joens 2.0 made me smile some. Nice. ;)

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
It would have been nice to get Clark, but it would also suck for the similar position girls that have been committed to the program for a while now. We didn't really need another PG with the class we have coming in. We need some bigs.

Speaking of that class, I think Fuerbach is going to be the real steal.

• Winner
Reactions: Cydkar

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Will Lexi Donarski be our first consensus five star? I know Wise and transfer Middleton were ESPN fives but fours elsewhere.

ESPN Hoopgurlz has given out stars since 2011. ISU has four 5-star players in that time period: Wise, Ashley Joens, MEM, Donarski.

We've had seven 4-star players in that time period: Moody, Bingley, Buckley, Durr, Aubrey Joens, Feuerbach, Ryan.

Three-star players include Seanna Johnson, Bridget Carleton, and Kristin Scott, so keep that in mind.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Donarski! Yes.

We WILL be fine! Goodness, we got recruits that LOVE ISU and ISU includes us guys. Now if just get a C/F to go nova.

Pretty unlikely at this point. We have redshirt sophmores Lindsey Jaronsinki and Morgan Kane to go with senior Kristen Scott so should be plenty okay at post for net year. Not even sure what a forward is at ISU since we mostly play guards plus one P/F.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
ESPN Hoopgurlz has given out stars since 2011. ISU has four 5-star players in that time period: Wise, Ashley Joens, MEM, Donarski.

We've had seven 4-star players in that time period: Moody, Bingley, Buckley, Durr, Aubrey Joens, Feuerbach, Ryan.

Three-star players include Seanna Johnson, Bridget Carleton, and Kristin Scott, so keep that in mind.

I meant "consensus" as other raters agreeing with ESPN and all rating five stars. Donarski is the only one that gets the five stars from both Prospects Nation and ESPN. The whole stars thing for WBB gets a little dicey after the top 20 or so I kinda like to average the raters. I think below 4.5 on Prospects it's a crap shoot. ESPN seems sorta blue blood centric, I kinda like the school class ranking from Prospects. They have ISU sitting at #7. I think it's the @geewago influence that got me leaning more to Prospects back a few years back.

Reactions: SMP05

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
And Ryan is the one I'm most excited to see. This class is loaded.

I'm really excited to see her too, and given her offers, her coach, what he said about her being able to be as good as Jackie, wow.

My mom saw her play a couple times and she loved her game and court presence.