Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes
This post continues to confuse people. May I suggest that you edit the original to indicate that you copied the post from someone on HR? Otherwise, you're going to continue to get less than favorable responses. :D

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA

Great stuff, both of you. Thanks for taking the time to do those.

It wouldn't make it better, just different but the thing that popped in my head when he cleared out the room was, "I want all my season ticket holders to stay. If you bought your Hawk gear at Walmart, get out."

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks!

I made some slight graphical updates, but the point remains the same.

View attachment 68503

Somebody should post this over on HR in response to their vague insinuations about Iowa's program having higher academic standards than ours.
You are working this very well but way to much.....TOE isn't in the state of iowa, it is in a state of Denial! Your unarguable stats will not matter to them.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
My favorite from Hokeye Pokey forum:

Surprised he didn't make his choice known while holding a pig under one arm.
Oh well - good luck at Moo U .

Guy probably has a ANF sticker on his pickup.
That whole ANF thing while bringing attention farmers is just a university athletic department continuing trying to market their products to Iowans; trying to tug at peoples heartstrings of the traditional iowa profession. When Hayden instituted it the farm crisis was going on. In recent years before the current downturn, they continued to promote to bring themselves attention. What were they doing for the farmers?

Jonyrose

Oct 5, 2017
That whole ANF thing while bringing attention farmers is just a university athletic department continuing trying to market their products to Iowans; trying to tug at peoples heartstrings of the traditional iowa profession. When Hayden instituted it the farm crisis was going on. In recent years before the current downturn, they continued to promote to bring themselves attention. What were they doing for the farmers?

I was saddened to learn in a meeting a few weeks ago that the return of “ANF” was pushed by farm bureau at the same time that “farm strong” became the ISU slogan for ifbf

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
I have another quote for anyone that is still reading these.. When talking about the Murray twins, someone said "They're likely solid starting/role players" and "They will come in more polished than most freshman and even Foster for that matter"

My. God.

What ever happened to this poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.