Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Are you kidding? No way. Connor is a egocentric piece of ****.

So are a lot of athletes. It would still suck to be fulfilling your dream of playing college basketball in an empty arena while taking shovels full of crap.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Iowa (maybe) isn't as bad as they looked tonight. They play three cupcakes now and will be 4-1 but look at their next six after that...

vs #11 Texas Tech
@ Syracuse
@ Michigan
vs Minnesota
@ Iowa State
vs Cincinnati

Play like they did tonight and they go 0-6 in that stretch and would be 4-7 and 0-2 in the Big 12. The pitchforks would be sharp early.

They’ll get 1 or 2 of those and I just hope it isn’t Iowa State. That said that stretch will probably kill any fan delusions before Christmas.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Good reasons not to play for your dad. That's a risk you run. His eyes were open.

I’m not sure a kids eyes are that open when they are from a super rich family and they are a great athlete.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This isn't shocking news, but Iowa hoops is a trainwreck. Barta is too proud to admit he screwed up with hiring Fran. I mean do you want a guy that belittles reporters when they ask questions, chases down refs to cuss at them, slams chairs down, looks like he drinks piss every morning, and consistently falters down the stretch even when he has a decent roster.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
This isn't shocking news, but Iowa hoops is a trainwreck. Barta is too proud to admit he screwed up with hiring Fran. I mean do you want a guy that belittles reporters when they ask questions, chases down refs to cuss at them, slams chairs down, looks like he drinks piss every morning, and consistently falters down the stretch even when he has a decent roster.

I don’t think he screwed up hiring Fran. But he’s screwed up for not only keeping him as long as he has, but signing him to ridiculous extensions.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Link?

Just cause that is funny.