2020 Commits Stats & Senior Performance

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Time to get this going with high school hoops cranking up.

Dudley Blackwell is playing for a loaded Huntington Prep squad this year. They'll be playing against some top competition. I'm sure you've seen his dunk from the other night by now but I'll link it anyway ;) He said on instagram he's not a naturally left handed dunker btw.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Dudley had a 7’1” wingspan two years ago. I don’t think he’s grown since, but that’s the same as THT. At nearly two inches taller (better standing reach) and with a better vertical, he will be able to finish and defend small fours. He has yet to show the “playmaking” skills THT had at this point, which may not be a net negative imo.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Dudley had a 7’1” wingspan two years ago. I don’t think he’s grown since, but that’s the same as THT. At nearly two inches taller (better standing reach) and with a better vertical, he will be able to finish and defend small fours. He has yet to show the “playmaking” skills THT had at this point, which may not be a net negative imo.
What do you mean, “nearly two inches taller”? Whether you count Blackwell as 6’5” or 6’6”, it’s more than that.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What do you mean, “nearly two inches taller”? Whether you count Blackwell as 6’5” or 6’6”, it’s more than that.
Only AClone would struggle with this, or quibble.

It’s two inches, with or without shoes, by the best available measurements (NBA combine for THT and for Blackwell the USA Basketball Men's U16 National Team training camp). Adding “nearly” was used to acknowledge that some sites, like 24/7, still have Blackwell at 6’5”, not to mention the potential for rounding and the aim to undersell.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Only AClone would struggle with this, or quibble.

It’s two inches, with or without shoes, by the best available measurements (NBA combine for THT and for Blackwell the USA Basketball Men's U16 National Team training camp). Adding “nearly” was used to acknowledge that some sites, like 24/7, still have Blackwell at 6’5”, not to mention the potential for rounding and the aim to undersell.
Thanks for explaining, but your math sucks. If you’re counting Blackwell at 6’6”, which I think is correct, that’s a 3 1/2 inch difference, which is a helluva lot more than “nearly two inches”.

Only FinalFourCy could be so wrong—and be an arrogant berk while doing it.

But my real point was that while both may have big wingspans, they don’t have remotely similar body styles. Which is what got me confused in the first place.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thanks for explaining, but your math sucks. If you’re counting Blackwell at 6’6”, which I think is correct, that’s a 3 1/2 inch difference, which is a helluva lot more than “nearly two inches”.
Wow.

THT with shoes is 6’4”. Blackwell with shoes is 6’6”.

THT without shoes is 6’2.5”. Blackwell without shoes is 6’4.5”.

No one has claimed anything about their body types beyond their length.