Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
My guess is as he receives their wrath, he'll learn to hate Iowa in about, oh, a week and a half, give or take a day or two.

Does this mean he has to return his the Iowa T-shirts? I mean, there are plenty of perfect occasions for them; such as painting the barn, shoveling manure, and changing the oil in the Deere (to list just a few). After all, America Needs Farmers, and farmers need Iowa!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We only got Foster because he's black....according to this post on HR:

This is the elephant in the room no one wants to address.

If Foster were white, it's possible his family ties to Iowa would have made a difference. People can scoff at this all they want, but race still unfortunately matters in this country.

Fran lands plenty of top rated white kids. Outside of Tyler Cook, though, not a lot of black kids coming in with other P5 offers. I suppose if the Top 100 were compromised of plenty of white kids that wouldn't be an issue. But that isn't the case.
giphy.gif

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes
Sorry but if one is as arrogant as she describes, he would of went to Iowa knowing he could of made it to the NBA regardless of the coach. This is a total sh** take.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, so either he can't count(likely) or he's saying they're gonna beat us the next 3 years. Either way that's very bad and dumb
Yeah I'm not going to sit here and say we're for sure going to beat them at Carver next year, because we've had some good teams go in there and not play well, but I'm fully confident we will defend Hilton against them. I mean we haven't lost there since 2003 and I really don't see that happening this year or in the coming years.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Yeah that also is pretty optimistic. The Big 10 will be pretty well rounded this year and I see Iowa getting an 8 or 9 seed in their conference tournament. That's right where the preseason projections had them as well. Also, Iowa hasn't gotten a better seed than a 7 since 2005 so they should really slow their roll on expecting a 6 seed.

sorry...I miss read it. Thought it said a 16th seed!

• Funny
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
If, as an adult, that is your public Twitter feed, you have mental illness or a small *****, or both.

I would love to know what sort of job he has. There is at least a 95% chance the government pays him to not have one. And thank god for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Any teacher who discusses their students with anyone but applicable faculty, staff and parents should be fired.

At a minimum it tells all of us what kind of a person you raised. Wish I could say good job, but you know the rest.

When I was teaching at ISU, I definitely got "the talk" about who you can discuss things about a student's performance with... and it was a very short list...

-- the student themselves (not their parents, these are college students)
-- the departmental academic adviser
-- their academic adviser (if not a major in the department)
-- the department chair

Discuss it with the department chair before even considering talking to somebody else about it, including people from the central headquarters of the college.

That it is.

Anything else is a serious violation of policy on your part.

Between recruiting criminals, cutting academic corners, and his stupid pants, I don't know how Prohm sleeps at night.

I don't get it, either. Prohm is a boy scout if there ever was one.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would love to know what sort of job he has. There is at least a 95% chance the government pays him to not have one. And thank god for that.

Just don't know why you would want that to be your public face, even if it is the real you. Of course Twitter is probably full of that.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
We only got Foster because he's black....according to this post on HR:

This is the elephant in the room no one wants to address.

If Foster were white, it's possible his family ties to Iowa would have made a difference. People can scoff at this all they want, but race still unfortunately matters in this country.

Fran lands plenty of top rated white kids. Outside of Tyler Cook, though, not a lot of black kids coming in with other P5 offers. I suppose if the Top 100 were compromised of plenty of white kids that wouldn't be an issue. But that isn't the case.

Well, maybe black players don't want to play at Iowa because Fran is a racist? I mean they only had a couple black players last year and they both gleefully departed early. I mean as long as we are saying stupid stuff....

oh, and comprised, not compromised idiot.

Reactions: heitclone
Status
Not open for further replies.