Bolton
Griffin
Foster
Conditt

Jackson
Grill
Blackwell
Young

Not sure he'll be an immediate starter but that's just based on reading that his offensive skills need a lot of development. That would be a BIG line-up.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure he'll be an immediate starter but that's just based on reading that his offensive skills need a lot of development. That would be a BIG line-up.

Certainly not the most efficient offensive lineup. However could certainly disrupt on the defensive end.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

giphy.gif

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Man, this feels good. I think he’s gonna have to work his ass off to earn minutes with solo and Conditt but it should be good for his development. It seems he is aware that he will have to work hard.

Kind of reminds me of the Morris/Kane opportunity.

Reactions: CoKane

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I got to work early this morning (I teach at Grinnell HS) and had an interesting convo with a colleague of mine (hok alumnus) just after the news broke. His wife is a VERY IMPORTANT figure at Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance and has huge connections all over the state. They were invited over to the McCaffrey's house last week (with other important donors, etc). First, he said that Fran is completely different than his in-game and post-game persona (funny and very "likable").
After shooting the bull with Fran, my co-worker mustered the courage to ask him about Foster. In response, Fran said that they "had done all they possibly could have done but, ultimately, had no idea which program the kid would pick." He also claimed that it was the same for ISU as well, and that neither of the staffs would really know what the decision would be until decision day.
Not really earth-shattering news. Wish I had been able to talk to my co-worker yesterday - it would have shaped my thinking a little better, and would have counteracted my other source's "take" on the matter (that he was very, very likely going to choose the Hoks).

Oh, and BTW, I loved the actual silence from my co-worker when I mentioned that XF's "determining factor" for choosing the Cyclones was the track record of getting guys to the NBA. This has always been the Hok mantra (especially from this co-worker) about the alleged superiority of their FB program. It was nice to actually throw that tidbit back in his face (in a good-natured way - this guy is generally a good dude).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron