STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
Yeah. I question whether said teacher even exists, but if that's the case then that Hok fan took the long way around to smear Foster. Seems there'd be an easier way to do it than creating a fictional daughter who just happens to be a teacher at Osky.

That teacher sounds like a ray of sunshine. Bash on a polite, soft-spoken kid - classy. What a winner she must be. XF and his family handled this entire recruitment with absolute class. Cant wait to watch he and Conditt in that frontcourt together!

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's made up that poster was saying he wanted Foster two days ago

It's certainly a ****** thing to say either way. And like I said, he's angry at the wrong guy. This is on Fran. I'm thrilled ISU got Foster, but it sure feels like he would have been a Hok if Fran had any kind of respectable track record of developing his players and getting them to the next level.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
That teacher sounds like a ray of sunshine. Bash on a polite, soft-spoken good - classy. What a winner she must be. XF and his family handled this entire recruitment with absolute class. Cant wait to watch he and Conditt in that frontcourt together!

100% this. I really respect how they handled his recruitment and decision. If it had gone the other way I would have been disappointed but I'd like to think I'd be above bashing the kid via a real or made-up daughter.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Iowa State kept Lard academically eligible the whole time he was here. If X is really a bad student (which I believe 100% is a made up rumor to make Hoks feel better) I have the upmost confidence Iowa State can help him do well in the classroom.

I'm not at all worried about it. I'm guessing it's either 100% bogus, and even if it's real you have one teacher with an axe to grind for whatever reason. By nearly all accounts I've heard he's a good kid who has handled all this attention really well.

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
3 straight top 75 classes for Fran....in years 8,9 and 10. That's with his kid who was rated pretty high. I guess when you get rewarded with an extension for mediocrity, you don't have to aim much higher. I don't get how Barta can keep selling this to the fanbase but many I hope he continues to figure it out, he and Fran in IC is good for ISU.

To be fair, it takes DECADES to turn Iowa into the program their fans think they've been for, well, decades now.

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That teacher sounds like a ray of sunshine. Bash on a polite, soft-spoken kid - classy. What a winner she must be. XF and his family handled this entire recruitment with absolute class. Cant wait to watch he and Conditt in that frontcourt together!
lotr2-movie-screencaps.com-.jpg

Reactions: jmkc12 and kentkel