Lazard on Packer roster

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
lazard is basically WR2 now.

they need to take him off special teams.
I wasn't keeping close track but it seems like he wasn't in on most 1st downs. More than half of the time on obvious passing situations though. Anyway, I'm happy for the guy and whether or not he gets knocked down the pecking order when the Pack gets healthy or not, he's showing the league that he belongs.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I wasn't keeping close track but it seems like he wasn't in on most 1st downs. More than half of the time on obvious passing situations though. Anyway, I'm happy for the guy and whether or not he gets knocked down the pecking order when the Pack gets healthy or not, he's showing the league that he belongs.

I'm not a packers fan so i don't know too much about their offense and the schemes their coach runs, but i enjoy watching them b/c of Lazard.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Rodgers missed AL wide open in the end zone in the 2nd quarter. Would have loved for him to get his 2nd TD there. I think Rodgers trusts him quite a bit, he kind of looks for him when plays break down. That was always Cobb's role, maybe Lazard is taking that over now.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
lazard is basically WR2 now.

they need to take him off special teams.

WR 2-4 are about equal I would say. MVS is a bit more specialized I think... he is the speed guy of the 3. I think Lazard has more upside than Kumerow but would say they are similar right now. I think Lazard can make some plays that kumerow will probably not be able to make.... on the other hand, Kumerow has had some impressive grabs recently (in both the KC, Carolina games). Lazard’s TD vs lions was awesome. But he needs to keep on making plays. Granted, AR missed him on two would be TDs in yesterday’s Carolina game... so there’s that too.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I feel bad. I turned on the game just in time to watch that incompletion on 3rd down. I turned it off, so hopefully his mojo came back
vauEUgn.gif

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Nice to see AL in the starting lineup and trying Iowa State on Sunday Night Football. Glad he’s gotten and made the most of his chance.
So far, the 49ers' line has been so dominant, Rodgers isn't getting many chances to throw downfield to his WRs; if this keeps up, AL won't have many opportunities.

I find it interesting that he's often lined up in the outside position, not the slot. I guess I assumed he'd be more of a slot guy since he's not a burner.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So far, the 49ers' line has been so dominant, Rodgers isn't getting many chances to throw downfield to his WRs; if this keeps up, AL won't have many opportunities.

I find it interesting that he's often lined up in the outside position, not the slot. I guess I assumed he'd be more of a slot guy since he's not a burner.

He's great at catching back shoulder throws.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
He's great at catching back shoulder throws.
Yeah, I was thinking about that. To this amateur, that doesn't seem to be a sufficient reason to put him out there so often but I'm pretty certain that NFL coaches are at least 1000x more qualified to make that call so I'll leave it to them.

Rodgers had a downfield throw on that last one - incomplete to Adams.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Allison has been bad so far. Bad drop, stupid penalty. Time to target AL.
But if SF defense keeps playing like this, tough sledding for the Pack.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

I agree, but that end around-type play was a thing of beauty. Good to have Al Michaels have an opportunity to mention AL is a second year out of Iowa State. Happy for AL, but also happy to have Iowa State mentioned in national broadcasts!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron