Hawk Fan Reactions to XF Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
He's not. He just got called on his ******** and chose the only white player he could think of to make it seem as if he did not mean it as he totally meant it.
Funny thing is, Mike and I go back to high school and he’s one of the nicest guys I’ve come across. Funny guy too. Guess defending your teammates is “shady” to some..

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Huge stretch to play the race card over that... Please don't make this any more than a welcome to ISU, sorry hawks thread.

What do you think he meant by "shady characters" at ISU?

When I see blatant racism I'm going to call it out.... sorry if that offends you. Iowa fans have been using the racial card against ISU forever. All we recruit are "thugs" according to them..... meanwhile their starting five is all white.... and ours is 4 black guys and 1 white guy. You can't connect the dots there?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How about we see what the NCAA Academic Progress Rating data says about the relative academics of the two programs? I just happen to know where to find the data on this matter. Maybe that would shed some light on the situation we have here.

https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/aprsearch

...and I made a handy line chart to summarize it...

upload_2019-11-11_12-2-7.png

Prohm has beaten McCaffery every year he has been our head coach.

GTFO of here with this "higher academic standards" hogwash, Hawkeyes.

If anything, we should be making the point against them.

We have some great examples to give, too. Melvin Ejim was an academic all-American. Mike Jacobson was the Big 12 MBB scholar-athlete of the year last year. We are not exactly Northwestern, but we are ahead of Iowa's "high standards."

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Who the heck is KDFord?

I'm so sick and tired of this... "ISU's MBB and football teams are full of thugs", but at Iowa we do things the right way and only recruit the best kids that do no wrong. It's such BS, and racially insensitive too.

Iowa's MBB is mostly white = doing things the right way, hardworking 4.0 GPA gym rats.
ISU MBB is mostly black= shady characters, thugs, dumb, cheating, etc.

It's really disgusting... but totally expected from Iowa fans.
Jacobson is shady, too??!! Mr. future Medical School?

Other than that, I think that there are real undertones of racism in their comments.

How many big-time athletes can you say are as nice as G. Niang, M. Thomas, M. Morris, D. Burton, D. Montgomery, J. Lanning, A. Lazard, R. Lima ...?

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Yup. She could be in some trouble for sure. Thank her idiot dad for blabbing.

Dad had to be someone to get the "story" out there, personally I think it is too late.. It got deleted, but it already got passed along, and now daughter could be in trouble.

The fact that the quoted posts with comments on the original got deleted, means he probably went to the mods for help. Don't think he would have been able to do that.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS

My daughter teaches at Oskaloosa High School. She has had him in one of her classes. Here is, verbatim, the text she sent me a few minutes ago:

“Don’t be upset about Xavier Foster’s choice. He’s an academic nightmare, arrogant, and has next to nothing for work ethic.”

Sounds like a perfect fit for ISU.

This is not “sour grapes” from her, either. She cares nothing about sports. About a year ago I jokingly asked her to tell Foster to go to Iowa or she will flunk him. Her reply was much the same as her text.

I hope all the best for the kid, but the NBA may not be the sure thing he thinks it is.
I really do not know the academic standards for either school, but judging by the outside, it seems like ISU might help him more with that than Iowa would. Seems like Iowa would hold their players more accountable than ISU. That's just my outside observation, is there any truth to my outside view? Other than what I've observed over the years in football and basketball, it seems that Iowa holds them more accountable.

Thoughts?

sour grapes

Totally not cool to bring in your daughter to justify "my school is better than yours". Nice move, dad. Not only you made a fool of yourself, but put your daughter's job at risk. Social media is powerful, its not that hard to identify who your daughter is. Maybe he is the one needs some ethical lesson. You just won dad of the year, NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron