STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No prospect is a sure thing. I always look at them on a spectrum. A top 250 kid is like a 25% hit rate. A top 75 kid at ISU is a very, very high hit rate, and those guys we've gotten in that range recently have basically all gone to the NBA except Lindell, who could still find himself there some day. We can get into the underrated/overrated talk, but it's basically moot to me because we really won't know what we have until he steps foot on campus, and even then, might not know what we have in him until a year or two in.

Also, I know there are certain ways that Prohm wants to play... but with Conditt and Foster, could we go with a kind of Baylor swarming matchup zone? I mean we have two guys 6'11" plus that are potentially elite help defense shot blockers. We've always played small in the past because we needed to. The future rosters for ISU really make you feel like anything is possible.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
Man, this feels good. I think he’s gonna have to work his ass off to earn minutes with solo and Conditt but it should be good for his development. It seems he is aware that he will have to work hard.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I would like to think as ISU fans we are big enough to not get super defensive when the Iowa fans come here to pound their chest tomorrow. I know it might seem petty, but they haven’t landed a recruit with another Power 5 offer since early August of 2017 so let them have their day.

The countdown continues.....

Reactions: Acylum

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I'll be honest, I avoided his official announcement this morning due to the recent "he's going to EIU" talk on this thread....I couldn't take more disappointment after Saturday, ha. But now that we've all been blown away (except Cytwins, of course), is there any recorded video out there so I can watch the shocker, after the fact?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
No prospect is a sure thing. I always look at them on a spectrum. A top 250 kid is like a 25% hit rate. A top 75 kid at ISU is a very, very high hit rate, and those guys we've gotten in that range recently have basically all gone to the NBA except Lindell, who could still find himself there some day. We can get into the underrated/overrated talk, but it's basically moot to me because we really won't know what we have until he steps foot on campus, and even then, might not know what we have in him until a year or two in.

Also, I know there are certain ways that Prohm wants to play... but with Conditt and Foster, could we go with a kind of Baylor swarming matchup zone? I mean we have two guys 6'11" plus that are potentially elite help defense shot blockers. We've always played small in the past because we needed to. The future rosters for ISU really make you feel like anything is possible.

If Tyrese comes back for one more year (Jr) then the length associated with that type of zone would be extremely deadly.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
upload_2019-11-11_10-18-42.png

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron