STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
hes a kid. If he goes to Iowa we will see how good he is for Fran.

I have to say, not sure what to think about frans ability to develop talent. I also feel bad for the kid if he isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

I don’t ever want him to feel so upset he shushes his own crowd after a dunk like the last guy did.
I understand his decision to go to Iowa. But it was not nice for him and his family to come to MVS game and hang out with our players and Haliburton’s family if he already made his decision last weekend.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and CTTB78

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Yeah so literally 10 mins after my last post and I’m heading up to Milwaukee for work tomorrow I got a text that now it’s up in the air. Made it sound like we almost felt like he was a silent commit but are hearing diff things now. His dad is awful to work with.

Something happened this weekend if you ask me. Fingers still crossed.l but it’s almost like something happened yesterday or this morning.

Artic Zone

Jul 12, 2017

he'll play more and earlier at iowa vs isu

thats not a "Iowa State is better than Iowa" argument but rather playing styles.

Fran would play 4 big men if he could and he'll probably start for iowa as a freshman, he was not going to start at ISU in 2020 over George Conditt. He's going to be a project for Iowa or ISU but Fran will be more "trial by fire" where Prohm would gradually bring him along ( like conditt last year)

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Yeah so literally 10 mins after my last post and I’m heading up to Milwaukee for work tomorrow I got a text that now it’s up in the air. Made it sound like we almost felt like he was a silent commit but are hearing diff things now. His dad is awful to work with.

Something happened this weekend if you ask me. Fingers still crossed.l but it’s almost like something happened yesterday or this morning.
Fran hired Xavier's Dad as his first assistant? Adidas or Nike came through?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The continuing inability to land a top instate recruit means more than getting the actual player. It would be nice to get some momentum in that area as Lipseys recruitment heats up.

Agreed. Wake me when we actually sign one. I’ve been doubting this the whole time no matter how confident people were. I NEVER expect to sign an in state prospect we want.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
he'll play more and earlier at iowa vs isu

thats not a "Iowa State is better than Iowa" argument but rather playing styles.

Fran would play 4 big men if he could and he'll probably start for iowa as a freshman, he was not going to start at ISU in 2020 over George Conditt. He's going to be a project for Iowa or ISU but Fran will be more "trial by fire" where Prohm would gradually bring him along ( like conditt last year)

Terrible way to look at things short term like that but that's the society we live in today

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
All joking aside I'm sorry guys. The puppet masters in his recruitment played us. There was extreme confidence with him for months. Not the first time it's happened to ISU and won't be the last

I can confirm they were played.. as of Tuesday after the game they were 99.9% sure he was coming here with comments that were made. Something happened since that time or it was a complete joke. I think this might be the best thing considering some things I have heard.

Help Support Us

Become a patron