STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Congrats on your recruiting win
Ehhh. He’s an 18 year old kid. I don’t know what any 18 year old kid’s motivations are.

I don’t wish him any ill will.

But the stupid asses that would rather see prohm lose, than Iowa State win, are gonna be pretty awful.
I want Prohm and ISU to win in a big way.
I also want idiots in this fanbase to stop making stupid comments that are little brotherish when it comes to Iowa (or Baylor or KU, etc).
Win on the field, court, and mat and keep your mouth shut until we do.
In before dislikes, dumbs, disagrees, accusations of not being an ISU fan, and maybe even an ok boomer.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
I'm not too hard on kid wanting his families support at a school he grew up with them loving and going to games. Would have loved to see him go to ISU, but it's all good.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I want Prohm and ISU to win in a big way.
I also want idiots in this fanbase to stop making stupid comments that are little brotherish when it comes to Iowa (or Baylor or KU, etc).
Win on the field, court, and mat and keep your mouth shut until we do.
In before dislikes, dumbs, disagrees, accusations of not being an ISU fan, and maybe even an ok boomer.

I like Iowa more than you like Iowa State

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
None of us have any idea where Xavier is going to go.

Yes, going to the IC game Friday night did not look good for ISU, but what kid wouldn't take a free pass to a college game? I think the only way it would have told us anything would have been that ISU and Iowa both were at home on the same night..........and he chose to go to one game over an other. My guess though is that Xavier is smart enough, and has kept his decision close enough to the vest that he would have stayed home and not gone to either game. I really hope he chooses ISU. No doubt one of his goals is to get to the NBA, and if you are comparing ISU and Iowa as to which school has had the most success in that in the last decade and with the current staffs, the choice is ISU, hands down. As far as style of play and how he might be utuilized by the two schools, I don't see that much difference between them, but maybe he does. What does bother me about this thread is those saying he is making a mistake (or stupid) if he goes to Iowa City. Why would any 'fan' make such a statement on a free public message board? THAT is what is stupid and idiotic. What if Xavier reads this board, or members of his family do? Is that really the message some of you want to send out before he makes his decision. We have no idea what these recruits look at before they make their choices or what might affect those decisions. But making derogatory comments about a recruit s that the recruit may see is beyond dumb.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
None of us have any idea where Xavier is going to go.

Yes, going to the IC game Friday night did not look good for ISU, but what kid wouldn't take a free pass to a college game? I think the only way it would have told us anything would have been that ISU and Iowa both were at home on the same night..........and he chose to go to one game over an other. My guess though is that Xavier is smart enough, and has kept his decision close enough to the vest that he would have stayed home and not gone to either game. I really hope he chooses ISU. No doubt one of his goals is to get to the NBA, and if you are comparing ISU and Iowa as to which school has had the most success in that in the last decade and with the current staffs, the choice is ISU, hands down. As far as style of play and how he might be utuilized by the two schools, I don't see that much difference between them, but maybe he does. What does bother me about this thread is those saying he is making a mistake (or stupid) if he goes to Iowa City. Why would any 'fan' make such a statement on a free public message board? THAT is what is stupid and idiotic. What if Xavier reads this board, or members of his family do? Is that really the message some of you want to send out before he makes his decision. We have no idea what these recruits look at before they make their choices or what might affect those decisions. But making derogatory comments about a recruit s that the recruit may see is beyond dumb.

he’s 18. Good luck to him.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Foster was just spotted leaving the McCaffrey's. Must have sealed the deal over brunch.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Uno is one of the worst.

That said, sounds like you may have your hands full the next couple days Cat. Godspeed.
Ni0emTj.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
Exactly. He'll deserves what he gets. Sure Mad Fran may turn things around and suddenly turn into a coach that gets his team in to the NCAA more often than not. But 10 years of history don't show that. And even if he does Mad Fran will still be an ******* and an embarrassment.

If that is what Xavier wants, good for him. But that means I don't want him.

am I missing something here? Fran has had a pretty consistent rebuild, nothing crazy but decent.

Trash year 1
Snuck into NIT
NIT finals
NCAA round 1
NCAA Round 2
NCAA Round 2
NIT
Bad year
NCAA Round 2 lost in OT