NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Lindell plays tonight for the Iowa wolves. Went 1-8 from the field in their preseason game but played 22 mins off the bench.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I did some checking to see what I could find on THT's health. I found an article from 10/27 that he would be resuming practice soon so he may very well be working out again. Here's a blurb:

As for Horton-Tucker, his return is even more imminent as he’s on pace to be cleared for practice as early as next week.

“Like Kuz, he’s continuing to progress with the intensity of his work … He’s going to be cleared for practice next week, so hopefully we can ramp up his activity,” Vogel shared.

If Horton-Tucker is cleared for practice next week, he could be ready for games shortly after that. His length and defensive prowess could be useful for the Lakers on the perimeter as they lack depth in the perimeter defense category.

Link:https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers...tucker-nearing-return-to-practice/2019/10/27/

Also, "defensive prowess"???? May not be a credible source.

I think some metrics loved his defensive performance for Iowa State.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Excited to watch Talon flying with the Lakers soon. Sounds like he’s back to practicing from the foot injury.

Talon is still only 18, sort of mind boggling.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think some metrics loved his defensive performance for Iowa State.
I felt like he got his hands on a lot of passes etc. but needed work on positioning and face-guarding (if memory serves). He certainly could develop into an effective defender.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Man, Talon is still only 18. That’s pretty incredible. Anyway, Sounds like he is officially cleared for practice.

He’s done so much already basketball wise and there’s probably seniors in high school and entry level college freshman older than him.

Super excited for him being so young, talented, and uniquely long, he’s got a lot of time to really develop and learn the NBA game.

• Friendly
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
While other people take a break from the OSU-ISU game (I can't get coverage), just some quick lines from Cyclones in the NBA last night:

Matt's Raptors got a W vs. N. Orleans last night. Matt got 12 MIN, 3 PTS, 1-2 FG, 1-2 3PT, 2 REB, 1 STL and 2 TO.

George's Jazz also got a good W - over the tough Bucks. Georges also had 12 MIN and 2 PTS, 1-3 FG and 0-2 3PT.

The Nuggets also won a tough won over the 76ers. Monte's game was kind of quiet with 16 MIN, 1-4 FG, 2 PT, 1 REB, 1 AST and 1 TO.

Aaaand, if the box score is correct, Talen Horton-Tucket dressed last night for the Lakers, which is perhaps the first time for him.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
On the opening weekend of the G League, a number of Cyclones were in action:

* Naz played 31 minutes, went 3 for 11 from the field and scored 12. Big loss for Ft. Wayne.

* Wiggy didn't start but played the 2nd most minutes for Iowa (33). He went 6 for 13 for 23 pts.

* Bubu Palo played for S. Falls vs. Iowa and had 12 pts in 29 minutes.

* As I write this, Marial has gone 9 for 12 with 20 points in the FIRST HALF of Delaware's opener tonight.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I doubt I'll be posting a lot on the G League guys but there were some noteworthy performances on their opening weekend. THT had his first game action since his college season and had a strong line: 25 MIN, 16 PTS, 6-13 FG, 2-5 3 PTS, 7 REB, 5 AST and 2 TO.

Reactions: NWICY and LLCoolCY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Marial and Naz both had big games on Saturday for their G League teams. Check out Shayok's line: 30 MIN, 34 PTS, 14-24 FG, 3-7 3PT, 6 REB, 3 AST and 4 TO.

Mitrou-Long: 35 MIN, 26 PTS, 10-18 FG, 4-6 3PT, 3 REB, 10 AST and 2 TO. Some Naz highlights:

It doesn't feel like people got too wrapped up in defense in the G League this weekend.

Abdel Nader and Deonte Burton both got DNPs for OKC Thunder in NBA (non) action last night.

Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte and the Nuggets play in Minneapolis this afternoon (2:30 CT). Maybe some Cyclone fans will go to support Tae.

Matt Thomas and Raptors take on the Lakers tonight and Talen should be dressed. Hopefully, Matt will shoot like he did for the Lakers' summer league team a few summers ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acylum

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Big Thanks for all the updates you do, certainly appreciate it, really excited for these guys!!

Most are on really good teams.

Can’t imagine how cool it is for THT, at 18 years old, to be a part of this Laker team.
18! I know - isn't that amazing? I think he has a chance in a couple years to be a pretty good NBA player. At 18, I was still trying to find where my classes were at ISU.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum

IDClone

May 17, 2014
Monte and the Nuggets play in Minneapolis this afternoon (4:30 CT). Maybe some Cyclone fans will go to support Tae.

Matt Thomas and Raptors take on the Lakers tonight and Talen should be dressed. Hopefully, Matt will shoot like he did for the Lakers' summer league team a few summers ago.

I am going to the Timberwolves-Nuggets game today. Drove up from Ames yesterday to friends place on the lake. I will be wearing Nuggets hat and CYCLONE Mens Basketball shirt. Looking forward to seeing Monte live.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Honestly, I’m just a big fan of THT.

The physical skills were their in spades, like a lot of players, but he recognized he needed to get out of his comfort circle to prepare himself for the NBA mental grind.

He and his Mom knew he had the physical talent to play at the highest level but thankfully also got the right advice that playing in the NBA is a lot tougher mentally than physically.

They recognized it would be beneficial for him to step out on his own a little with a staff they trusted rather than worrying about being loyal to his friends and family and being surrounded by people telling him how great he is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron