That was awesome!!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Some of the “kids” around here don’t get how great it it to see a team that has a chance—after suffering through thirty or forty years of utter futility.

I have an OU fan friend on Facebook who was pulling his hair out throughout the game. It was excellent!

Remember the celebrations on here about becoming bowl eligible? That was a huge deal not too long ago.

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
Through some divine providence, one the good Lord only knows, the holy rulers at Baylor got all the luck this year. THEY EVEN TOOK OURS.
As the supremely intelligent beings at "HeyHaw" proclaimed"if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all".

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
In my lifetime, I think we’ve given OU a game 5 times. 4 of the 5 were the last 4 times under Campbell. The only other time was 2007 under Chizik and that was a total fluke. Every other time we’ve been embarrassed. It’s definitely clear how Campbell is the best Iowa State coach we’ve ever seen.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Moral victory!

Geez dude. Seriously? It wasn't that long ago that we would go down to Norman and get slapped around with regularity. Now we are competing down there. The playing field is leveling with the process. We can't feel good about our team taking the 9th ranked team to the brink in their place? Id rather see a win but this game was indeed fantastic. Beating them 2 years ago down there many said it was luck. With this game, Id say less luck and more that we are close to arriving.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
God damn, some ******* Debbie Downers on here. This team didn’t quit. They played really hard against an elite team at their place.
We don’t have the same money, players, facilities, or history and we had a chance to beat ******* Oklahoma in back to back games in Norman because of our coaches and player’s effort.

Hang with them, they deserve it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
God damn, some ******* Debbie Downers on here. This team didn’t quit. They played really hard against an elite team at their place.
We don’t have the same money, players, facilities, or history and we had a chance to beat ******* Oklahoma in back to back games in Norman because of our coaches and player’s effort.

Hang with them, they deserve it.

We only care about effort and hustle for the basketball team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In my lifetime, I think we’ve given OU a game 5 times. 4 of the 5 were the last 4 times under Campbell. The only other time was 2007 under Chizik and that was a total fluke. Every other time we’ve been embarrassed. It’s definitely clear how Campbell is the best Iowa State coach we’ve ever seen.

I'll b*tch about scheme and some decisions etc. but really this is the only stretch where I'd feel OK with ISU playing just about anyone out there just to see what they could come up with.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Hang with them, they deserve it.[/QUOTE
Agree completely and there were times in the second half where the crowd was very loud and OU was up by two scores at the time. Really tough environment - our program is so close.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Even mighty Alabama proved once you get down by 20, it's damn hard to come back and win... and that was at their house. Frustrating as hell for us to get down by three scores, but what a comeback. Getting blown out would have set "the process" back. This result did not. I expect an angry group next Saturday afternoon at the Jack. Hopefully that means no screwing around and getting behind early.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I think we win out after this game, actually. Time and time again our players have proven they won’t give up.

I think we’re just plain better than the remaining 3 teams, and even if Manning calls garbage plays, the players will be hungry and just out play the opponents.

Also, once again, Campbell proved to me that he’s a winner and a keeper by instantly choosing to go for two at the end of this game. Away, against a top 10 team with an amazing offense, that’s the right call 100% of the time. I don’t care that we were shutting them mostly down in the second half. That’s a different game compared to how OT works, and our FG kickers are—and I’m trying to be kind because they’re trying their best—not good enough for that scenario.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
or
Or we could start catching interceptions.... improve the play calling, especially in the red zone...or not have double digit penalties.

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't we have one of the best offensive red zone success rates in the country this year?

I think we are also still one of the least penalized teams in the country. The OU defensive line was jumping all over the place before the snap yesterday.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC