Class of 2021

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
It’s more than obvious that Robbie was the main man of recruiting while Dresser was at Virginia Tech. Iowa is getting Blue Chip HS kids & 3X All-American transfers and we are getting State runner-ups and Simpson college transfers. We are looking good this year and next, but with mediocre recruiting classes 3 years in a row we will not be a top 5-10 team after the class of (Mackall, Parker, Degen, Colbray, Gremmel) graduates. And 2021 isn’t looking any better. 2 of our top 3 targets will be going to Iowa (Ayala & Rathjen) and I have no confidence in our staff of landing Facundo.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
And let’s look at Virginia Techs 2019 & 2020 recruits....
125 Ventresca #23
133 Latona #41
141 Hillegas #15
149 Andonian #28
157 Brady #13
165 Mancini #99
174 Ulrey #19
184/197 Fisher #75
285 Catka #24

Like I said Robbie is killing it with recruits and he got their first National Champ last year also. I really like Dresser and this team is best we’ve had in 10 years but to get in trophy contention we have to start landing some big FISH

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I’m sure geography had little to do with that certain AA transfer. All recruiting agility.

Funny what people see as a meltdown. We have maybe 10 posters (total) raising concerns about recruiting. To a person it appears they all very much approve of what Dresser has done as coach in a very short time.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I don’t think anyone is having a meltdown just expressing frustration over losing commits we were targeting . I think there is concern about Facundo the longer he waits. Add losing Anderson and AE , things have been disappointing. Doesn’t mean it won’t start trending upward . The transfer portal is changing recruiting quickly. Easier for the programs on top to lure those guys in . Hoping for some good news in the near future .

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Oh yeah, a lot of recruiting went into getting Willie to Ames..

(extreme sarcasm)
Eierman going to Iowa wasn’t much different. He had 1 place he was interested in & all they had to say is okay.

Yes we need to land higher end recruits, but most high end transfers know where they want to go when they enter the portal & college coaches are going to make it work

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Eierman going to Iowa wasn’t much different. He had 1 place he was interested in & all they had to say is okay.

Yes we need to land higher end recruits, but most high end transfers know where they want to go when they enter the portal & college coaches are going to make it work
I’d argue the reason why Eierman transferred to Iowa is a much different reason than why Willie transferred to us.
I agree about transfers knowing where they want to go. Honestly I don’t care much about transfers. I’m just very concerned about our recruiting

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I’d argue the reason why Eierman transferred to Iowa is a much different reason than why Willie transferred to us.
I agree about transfers knowing where they want to go. Honestly I don’t care much about transfers. I’m just very concerned about our recruiting

I agree we can’t live on transfers.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
The best thing that can happen for recruiting is that David goes on a tear and wins the 157 title this season. Iowa has been able to capitalize on Spencer’s success by getting a ton of talent and wrestlers want to train with the best. Who better to train with than a Junior World Champ and a guy who could win 4 national titles (very big IF).

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
The best thing that can happen for recruiting is that David goes on a tear and wins the 157 title this season. Iowa has been able to capitalize on Spencer’s success by getting a ton of talent and wrestlers want to train with the best. Who better to train with than a Junior World Champ and a guy who could win 4 national titles (very big IF).

Though I agree on the ifs and the impact you might be wise to temper your enthusiasm a bit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron