Solo's family made it to Corvallis

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
We were at the game and were able to meet his family outside of Gill Colosseum in Corvallis. Solo comes from a really nice family and you can see where his humbleness comes from. We were chatting with a group of Cyclone fans and they overheard us talking about how much of an asset Solo was to the team- it was then they revealed who they were. There is a great group of Cyclone faithful residing on the West coast. We encountered many OSU fans who were stunned by the Cyclone turnout, I told each and everyone that today this is Hilton West.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Here‘s a nice article that shares a little more detail on Solo’s fam. Nice article for those that live farther away from Ames.

https://www.amestrib.com/sports/201...mom?template=ampart&__twitter_impression=true

Wow. I'm happy that they got to see him but with all the revenue the team generates, I imagine only stupid NCAA rules stand in the way of the BB program buying her a ticket once a year. A parent should be able to see his or her son play if the program can afford it. He seems like a great young man; I'm sure she's been a great mother to him.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
It would be nice if they could somehow schedule a game in California next year so his family could see him play as a senior without traveling too far.

I do not know if that will be possible with the return trip coming from Oregon State to Ames, though. It is still nice when you can make that happen.

Reactions: mharder

mharder

Apr 11, 2006
Rancho Cordova, CA
It would be nice if they could somehow schedule a game in California next year so his family could see him play as a senior without traveling too far.

I do not know if that will be possible with the return trip coming from Oregon State to Ames, though. It is still nice when you can make that happen.

@ Saint Mary’s would be a quality game. 90 miles from Sac.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron