OU wanting more Turnovers.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rhoads' teams were actually pretty good at this. Klein and Knott were great at standing guys up and waiting for the rest of the gang to show up. But on the other hand, I saw a lot of our opponents salt away the game while our guys swatted at the ball for 25 yards.

Yeah 'causing' turnovers with stripping and swatting at the ball is fine as it gets the offensive players maybe on edge for security, but it's not a reliable thing.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
We will need to win the turnover battle by 2-3 to have a legitimate chance.

If OU wins that battle we’ll lose by 20+.

That's a little too pessimistic.

If ISU is +2 on turnovers, it's a 50/50 game. If turnovers are even, then it's going to be OU by 13, maybe 41-28.

HAVE to find a way to keep Hurts in check. I have no idea how, no one else has managed it. Ball control maybe, keep him off the field lol.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Aggressive on stripping is one thing, but it's an interesting play when our TEs and bigger WRs are already difficult to tackle. Poor tackling discipline will bite them there.

More importantly, if this aggression idea results in their CBs getting jumpy, they're just asking to get torched on big plays and/or trick plays -- and we've already shown plenty of willingness this season to go that route.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

If ISU is +2 on turnovers, it's a 50/50 game. If turnovers are even, then it's going to be OU by 13, maybe 41-28.

HAVE to find a way to keep Hurts in check. I have no idea how, no one else has managed it. Ball control maybe, keep him off the field lol.
It might be a bit pessimistic, but I think this is a 10-13 point OU victory with it being even (like you said).

If OU wins the turnover battle by 2-3, you don’t think a blowout loss is probable?

I’m not predicting that, by the way. I think ISU can keep it close and even win if things go well.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
Yep. Cost us 2 games this season already. Purdy is good for one dumb pick a game and the defense doesn’t get turnovers. Not a good combo.

Thata why he threw 3 last game, got them out of the way

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah an even effort from both teams leads to OU winning comfortably.

Hoping just to see some improvements from ISU so they can have a chance vs. Texas next week.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron