(Update: coach fired) Florida State eyeing Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Can you imagine college football taking a big enough place in your life to donate millions to hiring and firing guys after a year and a half? What a miserable existence. Like, if I had that kind of money, I don't know that I'd give two ***** about college football. I'd be too busy doing cool ****.
When you’re rich enough, cool **** includes bending the fortunes of others to your whims.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Reasons CMC to not be interested in Florida State job-

1.) Fisher left because they were way behind on facilities
2.) There is a new separate Booster Club that controls the flow of donor money to the AD, part of the problem. 3.) ESPN article talks about the involvement of the boosters in hiring the coach.
4.) The President of the University and the AD, who came from FSU administration when the last guy quit, are not expected to be there longer than 3 years. (Again per the ESPN article on the front page of their web site.)

Why would any coach with options want to walk into those problems? It will be a complete mess!

Last edited:
L

LincolnWay187

Lets just up campbells contract if he ever gets offers. If they want him that bad, make them beat our counter and pay out the nose.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34 and Cycho1

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Yes, but this really isn't a factor at ND as a number of the HCs from Ara on have not been Catholic.

It's not a factor in hiring...but could absolutely be a factor in the attraction for a practicing Catholic.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Reasons CMC to not be interested in Florida State job-

I'm not worried in the slightest about Matt taking the FSU job. I AM worried about the potential dominos / coaching carousel if ND & Michigan come open.

If I were Brian Kelly and FSU made a decent $$$ offer I'd take it. He's come close at ND but he's not winning a championship there. Plus he has the gravitas to be straight with the FSU admin and boosters and run the program his way...including demanding that they improve facilities.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Just read that Bob Stoops stuff also. Reports are he was in Tallahassee yesterday. That would be fun. I like when Florida State and Miami are good even though I am not a fan of either. Miami will never be that good again in my opinion. When they got rid of the Orange bowl. It was over.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I don't know why any coach would want to take a job where the AD shows that little patience.
1.) Good coaches generally all have confidence they won’t be an epic failure, particularly at a place like FSU.
2.) If they’re wrong, they get paid $20 million. If they’re looking for their last job, then there’s no downside

L

LincolnWay187

When you’re rich enough, cool **** includes bending the fortunes of others to your whims.
Which is why i am cool with new taxes on the mega wealthy. I dont think most of us understand this level of money, theres not many who achieve it

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm sorry, but you're wrong. No other school has the exposure ND has. Sure, they have academic standards, but they also have unlimited resources to "help" student athletes graduate and be successful. BK was able to get ND back to the National Championship and back to being a top tier team. He will never be able to get ND to win the National Championship.

This "cold climate" argument is bogus. Ohio State has no problem winning. 100% of Notre Dame's problems are on Brian Kelly.

The climate of South Bend is not like the climate of Columbus. South Bend has the climate of Chicago, Columbus has the climate of Kansas City.