NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I watched the Bucks Raptors game last night. Thought Matt looked really solid in the 8 min he played. Hit a 3 and a mid range 2. Wish the Bucks would have signed him. Probably could have had some minutes for him.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, this is a little late but I found some quotes by Nick Nurse on Matt Thomas after his FIRST game action in the NBA (he said positive things and then didn't play for the next 3 games):

Nurse’s concerns with Thomas (and the other players fighting for the end-of-rotation spots, to be fair) come at the defensive end, but the coach was happy with his effort on Saturday.

“He was good. He comes in first of all and we’re hoping he can bang some shots and he does right on cue and he really played solid (defensively),” Nurse said.

“I think there was only one possession there later on in the game where somebody got him inside and he pump-faked and committed an and-one foul. But other than that, he got switched onto (Zach) LaVine a lot and he did the right things. Did the right coverages and moved his feet and did OK out there.”

“That’s an area where I’m trying to improve every day,” Thomas said. “I’m just trying to learn. There are a lot of really good players in the league that I have to be able to guard and stay in front of. We switch a lot. Just communicating and knowing where my help is and knowing where to send guys is something that I’m working on."

Link: https://www.thetelegram.com/sports/...es-raptors-in-first-audition-vs-bulls-368695/

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
It looks like the Jazz are down Mudiay and E. Davis tonight vs. the Clippers; Georges is in the rotation and played in the 1st quarter.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges got 6 MIN of PT last night as the Jazz collapsed in the 4th to lose to the Kawhi-ppers. His only stats were an assist and 2 fouls. The Jazz were down two players so #31 got some rotation minutes.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
1992-93 season. Jeff Hornacek, Jeff Grayer, Victor Alexander and Barry Stevens. Vic and Barry both played for Golden State - but Barry only played in two or three games. So, while there were 4 Cyclones in the NBA, they did NOT all score 3 pointers on the same day/night.
When Barry Stevens, Victor Alexander, and Jeff Grayer were briefly on the same team together it was the first time in NBA history that the top three scorers in the history of a division 1 team were all simultaneously on the same NBA squad.

C53JWFDUsAABiyZ.jpg

1. Grayer, 2,502 (still #1)
2. Stephens, 2,190 (currently #3 - 2. Niang, 2,228)
3. Alexander, 1,892 (currently #5 - 4. Hoiberg, 1,993)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
When Barry Stevens, Victor Alexander, and Jeff Grayer were briefly on the same team together it was the first time in NBA history that the top three scorers in the history of a division 1 team were all simultaneously on the same NBA squad.

C53JWFDUsAABiyZ.jpg

1. Grayer, 2,502 (still #1)
2. Stephens, 2,190 (currently #3 - 2. Niang, 2,228)
3. Alexander, 1,892 (currently #5 - 4. Hoiberg, 1,993)

That is awesome. I didn't realize that. I think Barry would be great in today's game (may he rest in peace).

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Monte should get tested defensively tonight now that Dragic is coming off the bench for the Heat. Gonna be a nice night of hoops with the Clones and then my current favorite Eastern and Western conference teams.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hoops updates from Tuesday: 1. I was in transti but apparently Mississippi Valley State sucks. 2. OKC Thunder played 10 guys, none of which was named Deonte or Abdel. They got the W. 3. Naz was on the Pacers' bench but, for the 2nd straight time, got a DNP. But a bigger check. And I'm sure was entertaining on the bench.

The NBA story was Monte again. Gary Harris hurt his ankle which probably led to additional minutes for Big Game. Good final line: 22 MIN, 11 PTS, 5=7 FG, 0-1 3PT, 1-2 FT, 2 REB, 8 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO. Reports are that Monte and company looked good in a a solid win over Miami.

The opposite way that Monte and Plumlee usually connect:

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Hoops updates from Tuesday: 1. I was in transti but apparently Mississippi Valley State sucks. 2. OKC Thunder played 10 guys, none of which was named Deonte or Abdel. They got the W. 3. Naz was on the Pacers' bench but, for the 2nd straight time, got a DNP. But a bigger check. And I'm sure was entertaining on the bench.

The NBA story was Monte again. Gary Harris hurt his ankle which probably led to additional minutes for Big Game. Good final line: 22 MIN, 11 PTS, 5=7 FG, 0-1 3PT, 1-2 FT, 2 REB, 8 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO. Reports are that Monte and company looked good in a a solid win over Miami.

The opposite way that Monte and Plumlee usually connect:

Yeah, I watched some of the first and most of the second. Monte looked very good.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
So happy to log on after long day and see @LindenCy 's post on Matt's game. He got crunch time minutes; I couldn't be happier for the guy. The Raptors played 10 guys tonight and the Ice Man was one of them.

Before the game:

Solid on D is a good sign:

Fly-by:

Press reaction:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges didn't have a memorable game but the Jazz pulled off a good win vs. the 76ers by 2 points. The Jazz have some injuries and played 9 guys. Niang's line: 11 MIN, 1 PT, 0-1 FG, 1-2 FT, 2 REB and 4 PF, with a -17.

Naz again dressed for the Pacers but didn't see any action.

Reactions: LindenCy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I did some checking to see what I could find on THT's health. I found an article from 10/27 that he would be resuming practice soon so he may very well be working out again. Here's a blurb:

As for Horton-Tucker, his return is even more imminent as he’s on pace to be cleared for practice as early as next week.

“Like Kuz, he’s continuing to progress with the intensity of his work … He’s going to be cleared for practice next week, so hopefully we can ramp up his activity,” Vogel shared.

If Horton-Tucker is cleared for practice next week, he could be ready for games shortly after that. His length and defensive prowess could be useful for the Lakers on the perimeter as they lack depth in the perimeter defense category.

Link:https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers...tucker-nearing-return-to-practice/2019/10/27/

Also, "defensive prowess"???? May not be a credible source.

• Funny
Reactions: 2020cy

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I did some checking to see what I could find on THT's health. I found an article from 10/27 that he would be resuming practice soon so he may very well be working out again. Here's a blurb:

As for Horton-Tucker, his return is even more imminent as he’s on pace to be cleared for practice as early as next week.

“Like Kuz, he’s continuing to progress with the intensity of his work … He’s going to be cleared for practice next week, so hopefully we can ramp up his activity,” Vogel shared.

If Horton-Tucker is cleared for practice next week, he could be ready for games shortly after that. His length and defensive prowess could be useful for the Lakers on the perimeter as they lack depth in the perimeter defense category.

Link:https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers...tucker-nearing-return-to-practice/2019/10/27/

Also, "defensive prowess"???? May not be a credible source.

I mean he was a good defender when he wanted to be.

• Agree
Reactions: Bubba Hubba