If he does come, I imagine the lineup below for middle weights:

133- Gomez
141- Parker
149- Eierman
157- Degen
165- Carr

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I assume he's still taking this season as an Olympic redshirt?

I would guess he's looking for a change of scenery, much like Snyder was. After having some nice success in freestyle, he seems to have leveled off lately.

He's so funky, I bet he's looking to train with some more straightforward firepower. With Palmer, Carr, Metcalf, Parker and Gomez around, I could see ISU as a good fit. I won't hold my breath, but I could see it. He would certainly be an awesome addition.

Gotta be a tough decision to move away from his father/lifelong coach.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but the way recruiting has gone lately, we’ll be a finalist school and lose out to a current top 5 program. Would love to be wrong though and eat crow.
Too much credit. Michigan is not a top 5 program.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Too much credit. Michigan is not a top 5 program.
Michigan was fifth last year as a team at NCAAs and will likely be there or better next year when all of their guys are off redshirt. They are certainly around a top 5 to top 7 program, just not this year.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Michigan was fifth last year as a team at NCAAs and will likely be there or better next year when all of their guys are off redshirt. They are certainly around a top 5 to top 7 program, just not this year.
They are borderline. Top 4 are undoubtedly PSU, Iowa, TOSU, and OSU. I guess a case could be made the Michigan is #5. But it’s a case with them and about 5 others.

• Agree
Reactions: DrizzyCyclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jarrett would never go to 157. Kids a bean pole & eats like a pig to keep the weight on to wrestle 149.
Leave Degen there and just bump Carr then. That would be murders row through half of the lineup and fun as hell to watch. More than now if that’s possible

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
They are borderline. Top 4 are undoubtedly PSU, Iowa, TOSU, and OSU. I guess a case could be made the Michigan is #5. But it’s a case with them and about 5 others.
Absolutely, the 5th spot could be a rotation between Michigan, Wisconsin, Cornell, Missouri, and someone like Nebraska depending on the year. Would love to see us in the mix for this spot very soon.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Leave Degen there and just bump Carr then. That would be murders row through half of the lineup and fun as hell to watch. More than now if that’s possible
How effective would Eierman be if he’s bumped up two weight classes? He’d still be good but I’m guessing his ceiling would be lower.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Here’s a link for Flo subscribers to use where Eierman gets interviewed today. Looks like he has his mind pretty well made up. Looking for an established RTC to help with his freestyle aspirations, which rules us out.

Feb 2, 2018
Someone on the Penn St. message board posted that they heard his dad got a job at ISU. Not sure if they’re just troll because of the Carr thing or If that has any weight to it.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
I’ve seen Nebraska as a landing spot. Could train with JB, Green and Berger. He said he’s always wanted to wrestle at his number 1 destination. Mike Eierman wrestled there, so I could see Nebraska being the front runner right now.

• Agree
Reactions: DantheFan