STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I know this is creepy but Foster had his entire family with him last night and who I assume was his mom was having a really good time. His dad had a really long chat with tyrese's dad. And the entire group with him seemed spirited and enjoying themselves.

I took that as a good sign.

I know it's creepy.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know this is creepy but Foster had his entire family with him last night and who I assume was his mom was having a really good time. His dad had a really long chat with tyrese's dad. And the entire group with him seemed spirited and enjoying themselves.

I know it's creepy.

Good intel. But yeah kind of this...

giphy.gif

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
The only thing that I can see that could give Iowa a 1 up is their offense. I don't think we had a single post up entry pass all of last night. Not many chances for our bigs to have any back to the basket moves to score. Iowa relies on this type of offense.

Let me clarify, in no means am I saying the Iowa offense is better, just more opportunities for post players to score off of post entries rather than dump offs in the paint.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyder91 and JMA1125

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
The only thing that I can see that would give Iowa a 1 up is their offense. I don't think we had a single post up entry pass all of last night. Not many chances for our bigs to have any back to the basket moves to score. Iowa relies on this type of offense.

Let me clarify, in no means am I saying the Iowa offense is better, just more opportunities for post players to score off of post entries rather than dump offs in the paint.
Foster isnt a back to the basket kind of player in the few games I have watched him play.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I know it's creepy.
giphy.gif

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I hope he commits here but he is far from a program changer. He got a high ranking early in high school and it has slowly declined. He's 7 foot and plays in 3A ball in Iowa and puts up 13-10. I see him as a slightly higher than Condit level prospect. With that said I just don't want to listen to the Hawkeye fans if he does go there.

XF is basically the carbon copy of every long athletic Baylor big that has given us fits... Sign me up!

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
If we want a big guy that can shoot Prohm should’ve just talked to the 300 pound monster that was making it rain last night.
Loved watching him play.
Looked at the box score. He was 4-11 from the floor and 4-11 from 3-point land. I don't think he ever really stepped inside the paint.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I am not surprise a "hawk source" feel XF is going to EIU the day after he attended a game. I am sure he was friendly to the hawk fans he interacted with on Monday. Easy to read that as him wanting to commit there by people hoping to see him play in Carver.

The constant beat and actions of both programs are more telling in my opinion. Iowa starting to recruit other posts, taking the Murray twins after meeting with XF filling their scholly, complared to ISU not having a post in 2020 class and having two players leave a week prior to the commitment date. Iowa reporters predicing clowdy, ISU media indicating XF to ISU.

As others have said 18 year old can change their minds so nothing is done until the signature is so well see in 6 days and I think he'll be wearing cardinal and gold.

Considering the recruiting class of both programs it isn't a stretch to say it is more important for Fran to have XF. Prohm will take the hit and move on to the transfer market and get a player to fill the post. We know Fran won't rather go with what he has. His fan base won't take that well especially missing on a instate prep (after Carton too).