Big games this weekend, who you got?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
TxT -2 @ WVU - liked what I saw of the Eers at BU and will take them straight up
BU -2 @ TCU - rivalry game that will be close, going green
ISU +14 @ OU - Cy will need all the points, maybe more
K-State +7 @ Texas - LOL, bet the farm

Last edited:

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BBAC&usg=AOvVaw27RFbYdE5OnGP4bcBjS7hR&ampcf=1

Per Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, "Delton has grown frustrated with the program. The turning point came Saturday when Duggan exited with an injury on the final offensive drive, and the team turned to Collins instead of Delton."

Delton's loss is of significance because, besides Duggan, he has the most playing experience. The Kansas State transfer has appeared in six games this year, and started the first two weeks before Duggan took over. He has 318 passing yards and an interception on the season along with 100 yards rushing. Though he was demoted from his starting job, he still had a role in the team's offense.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
TxT -2 @ WVU - liked what I saw of the Eers at BU and will take them straight up
BU -2 @ TCU - rivalry game that will be close, going purple

- Won't touch TTU/WVU both teams have been so erratic that who knows what will happen.
- BU should beat TCU comfortably
- I don't think OU is all that great, but we've put out some stinkers this season. ISU could win a close one or lose by 30. Won't touch that line.
- Take the points, I guess? One win against a team overlooking you doesn't make you a good team. But Texas has been surprisingly bad this season.

Last edited:

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think @surly has grown over-confident after the OU upset and beatdown of KU. As another poster mentioned, you didn’t play Baylor nor OSU close.

If the game was in Manhattan and you guys were underdogs, sure, bet the farm.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think @surly has grown over-confident after the OU upset and beatdown of KU. As another poster mentioned, you didn’t play Baylor nor OSU close.

If the game was in Manhattan and you guys were underdogs, sure, bet the farm.
You know teams do improve as the year progresses, well, at least some clubs, certainly oSu is a good example of that. Texas is getting a lot of their injured guys back after their bye week, so there won't be that excuse one way or the other. That said, Vegas sees it like most of you, a Texas walk.

Reactions: heitclone

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

Tech over WVU
TCU over BU
Iowa State to cover, OU to win
K State to cover, UT to win

• Informative
Reactions: surly

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
Tech over WVU
TCU over BU (True Frosh QB Duggan is going to be a good one)
ISU goes in to Norman and wins straight away
K State over UT

• Optimistic

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You know teams do improve as the year progresses, well, at least some clubs, certainly oSu is a good example of that. Texas is getting a lot of their injured guys back after their bye week, so there won't be that excuse one way or the other. That said, Vegas sees it like most of you, a Texas walk.

I just don't love how K State matches up with Texas, they were a good matchup with OU, this is kind of the opposite. I think you guys cover but UT wins an ugly, low scoring game (see ISU/UT two years ago) . I'd love to be wrong though, I'll be pulling for the Wildcats.

I also like Tech, TCU and OU.

Edit: looks like Max is expected to play against Baylor

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/TCU-Gary-Patterson-Max-Duggan-play-Baylor-138076159/

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Agree, except I am going to be outspoken and take TCU outright. They are pretty salty, and I think Delton quitting may be addition by subtraction. Sometimes the lloss of a locker room problem can fire guys up. Also, I think Baylor run of good luck will finally come back to the mean.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Agree, except I am going to be outspoken and take TCU outright. They are pretty salty, and I think Delton quitting may be addition by subtraction. Sometimes the lloss of a locker room problem can fire guys up. Also, I think Baylor run of good luck will finally come back to the mean.
I'm not sure if Gary will be left to running the single-wing offense without a single healthy QB, otherwise, I would have taken the Frogs in this one too. Baylor has a very good defense and TCU is all but toothless.

• Funny
Reactions: chuckd4735

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
I'm not sure if Gary will be left to running the single-wing offense without a single healthy QB, otherwise, I would have taken the Frogs in this one too. Baylor has a very good defense and TCU is all but toothless.
They could always install a triple option and make like Army! Nothing messes up a DC's plan more that something they haven't planned for.

• Agree