And boom goes the dynamite

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
So as a casual recruiting follower why should I be excited about a 3 star recruit rated just inside the top 400 with a couple offers from mid tier P5 programs? On paper this guy looks like the next future transfer to leave without impacting the program.
24/7 has not updated their recruiting profile on him, labeling him a 3 star with no other indicators or metrics. I believe that is dropping his overall ranking. That will change when they update his profile. When that will be, I am not sure.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I don't often use the dumb button, but made an exception on this one.

Why?

Luke Anderson was also a 3 star recruit. He was rated around 200th in the nation, 150ish spots higher. He had offers from KSU, UGA, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Minnesota, and Xavier, plus a bunch of mid majors. On paper he looks like the better recruit. He just left before his first game.

Jump over to the transfer thread and there a plenty of posters talking about how they never understood his signing in the first place or how he was recruited over. Yet on paper here he looks like the better recruit than Dubar. If the only case to the contrary is his recruiting videos than spare me, everyone at this level has nice highlight videos.

I hope he turns out to be a great Clone, but I just don't see much reason to get excited today. This just looks like another dime a dozen signing for a major conference hoops program.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So as a casual recruiting follower why should I be excited about a 3 star recruit rated just inside the top 400 with a couple offers from mid tier P5 programs? On paper this guy looks like the next future transfer to leave without impacting the program.

I wonder when they will update his recruiting rankings? He has some other good offers, but that 247 rating, YIKES!!!! He would be one of the worst recruits of the Prohm era as of right now, so I see your point.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I wonder when they will update his recruiting rankings? He has some other good offers, but that 247 rating, YIKES!!!! He would be one of the worst recruits of the Prohm era as of right now, so I see your point.
Technically that's not the 247 ranking. That's the industry composite.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So basically any non blue blood is a mid tier P5 program then
No, but any program in the 20-40 range of P5 programs is a mid-tier P5, albeit many of which are rather successful. The metrics behind generating such a list is beyond the scope of this thread.

Seems like an innocuous comment, if not accurate imo. Why so insecure about this staff?

Reactions: wclarson

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Naz Long was a two star and Halliburton was an unknown.

We don’t recruit stars, we recruit fit.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No, but any program in the 20-40 range of P5 programs is a mid-tier P5, albeit many of which are rather successful. The metrics behind generating such a list is beyond the scope of this thread.

Seems like an innocuous comment, if not accurate imo. Why so insecure about this staff?

I'm insecure about this staff?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Its pretty obvious Prohm jettisoned Anderson and Leach to make room for Dubar and Foster.

Don’t think that are related as much as people think. The idea was always to oversign by two with the idea TH would leave and one player would transfer. Still think we will need one more signee after Foster. Good get by the staff.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Why?

Luke Anderson was also a 3 star recruit. He was rated around 200th in the nation, 150ish spots higher. He had offers from KSU, UGA, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Minnesota, and Xavier, plus a bunch of mid majors. On paper he looks like the better recruit. He just left before his first game.

Jump over to the transfer thread and there a plenty of posters talking about how they never understood his signing in the first place or how he was recruited over. Yet on paper here he looks like the better recruit than Dubar. If the only case to the contrary is his recruiting videos than spare me, everyone at this level has nice highlight videos.
First, because he’s a guard/wing. This staff knows guards imo. On the other hand, a lot of big men are unknowns, even those with good offers.

Second, there were rumors of Anderson’s offers not all being committable. Game film made that believable imo, but no one follows recruiting to only look at the downside. A 6’7” forward that isn’t a good athlete has more downside than a 6’6” athletic forward.

Third, there’s still the chance Anderson develops into what the staff hoped for last fall. Neither side deems that wait worth it though.

Honestly, they’re not at all comparable, outside of a cursory rating and the fact few recruits are sure things.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron