PS Vue Going Away

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Cancelled Directv last month after 8.5 years. Constant rate hikes, local FOX was off the air for like 5 months -- just got fed up with it. Customer Service terrible since AT&T acquired them. A once great product, now very replaceable.

Switch to YouTube TV which has been great so far. Very powerful DVR. Great for sports -- no missing the end of games when a weather delay or overtime pushes the end past the scheduled TV slot.

Only gripe is YTTV does not have Viacom channels so I don't get Comedy Central. Picked up Philo TV service for $20 that has CC, MTV (wife), as well as Nickelodeon and some other channels not offered on YouTube.

The ability to easily watch on phone, computer, or TV (firestick) is great. With Directv login, I'd have to use to separate streaming apps for every individual network (WatchESPN, FoxSportGo, etc.)

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
WHO (Des Moines NBC) should be hitting YouTubeTV on Monday.
giphy.gif

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
WHO is up and running on YouTubeTV now! It seems to be a touch off centered and has bars on each side of the screen. Hopefully they get that figured out.

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
How cheap did they go before they finally accepted your "Please cancel my service" request?

Didn't put up much of a fight. All they offered was $20 off per month, which was still putting my bill at well over $100.

A couple days later I got some emails from them telling me to call them back for a "final offer" but I didn't even bother. Good riddance / RIP Directv

Help Support Us

Become a patron