No surprise...Campbell on FSU "watch" list

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was suprised Venables to KState didnt happen.
He should stay at Clemson, wait till Dabo takes over for Saban, then take the Clemson job.

I think it was a Kansas State problem not a Brent problem.

One of my customers is a KState alum and is the equivalent of the directors level for the cyclone club, basically the highest without giving millions. He is probably the closest I'd ever get to inside info to KState football.

Anyway, he said the money was there but there were some other big money donators that didn't want Brent because he'd clean house including getting rid of Sean, who is Bill Snyder's son (edit: not Dan Snyder). Brent supposedly said he'd want to run the team his own way and a lot of people weren't happy about that.

No idea if it's actually true but that guy is the biggest KSU fan I know and is successful enough to afford the big money donations. He even invited me to a suite for the ISU game a couple years back (damn company ethics policy wouldn't let me). So I'm inclined to believe him.

Last edited:

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I'm gonna guess Brent Venables takes the job.

I'll stand by my previous statements that the only 3 jobs that concern me are Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Michigan. Penn State a distant 4th but I could believe it.

Nowhere else is worth the pressure, not in the Midwest, or is a lateral move
I think I’d worry about Michigan State and Wisconsin. Chryst isn’t going anywhere, but Dantonio could certainly retire or reach some sort of mutual agreement with MSU.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’d be more worried if he was linked to the guys in Jacksonville looking for a coach than the ones in Tallahassee.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think I’d worry about Michigan State and Wisconsin. Chryst isn’t going anywhere, but Dantonio could certainly retire or reach some sort of mutual agreement with MSU.

By the time Dantonio leaves, it's a lateral move and in a much tougher division. You would almost never be as big as Michigan. Wisconsin is a mini blip on the radar but it's not like we couldn't pay him the same amount that he'd receive at Wisconsin. Or Michigan State for that matter

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Venerables would be a great fit at FSU. With the athletes he could get there, his defenses would be back to the FSU defenses of old.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I know Campbell likes to be a culture changer, just think it’s more in the “o and d line culture” rather than the “rape culture” kind of culture change. From what I hear the whole MSU AD is absolutely toxic right now.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think it was a Kansas State problem not a Brent problem.

One of my customers is a KState alum and is the equivalent of the directors level for the cyclone club, basically the highest without giving millions. He is probably the closest I'd ever get to inside info to KState football.

Anyway, he said the money was there but there were some other big money donators that didn't want Brent because he'd clean house including getting rid of Sean, who is Dan Snyder's son. Brent supposedly said he'd want to run the team his own way and a lot of people weren't happy about that.

No idea if it's actually true but that guy is the biggest KSU fan I know and is successful enough to afford the big money donations. He even invited me to a suite for the ISU game a couple years back (damn company ethics policy wouldn't let me). So I'm inclined to believe him.

I’d like to hear more about Sean Snyder being Dan Snyder’s son. Please go on.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I have no idea who is going to want the FSU job after the inch-long leash they gave Taggart. That program needed some rebuilding after Jimbo gave up on it.

This was his work for the last two years.

upload_2019-11-3_22-9-7.png

upload_2019-11-3_22-9-22.png

That is a fire-able offense in the middle of the season? Yikes!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I love Campbell from an ISU perspective but he isn’t doing a good enough job for one of the big boys to justify that high of a buyout. 19 million for a coach that goes 8-5 every year? No way. If he had one year of going 11-2. Then I would be worried or if the buyout in a few years is a lot lower.

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
This is not happening, but if and when he leaves us I plan on wherever he is being my 2nd favorite team. I can’t see myself ever cheering for Florida State football.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
By the time Dantonio leaves, it's a lateral move and in a much tougher division. You would almost never be as big as Michigan. Wisconsin is a mini blip on the radar but it's not like we couldn't pay him the same amount that he'd receive at Wisconsin. Or Michigan State for that matter
Both Wisconsin and Michigan State athletic departments have almost double the revenue that Iowa State does. And both football programs are light years ahead of where we are.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
This is a spicy take. And by spicy I mean delusional

• Disagree
Reactions: Gorm