New Uniforms Revealed

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Our current B-ball uniforms are awful IMO. These would be a major improvement. TBH I would be thrilled if we went back to our last set as they were spectacular.
I loved our last set- they had a timeless look to them. I don't hate the current set but the candy cane striping does not work and nobody thinks it is a cyclone so we would be best served to trash it.

Somewhere in the middle is the our best look but this current set is as bad as our set under TF with the crazy stripes. If any other school was wearing that stuff, we would make fun of them

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I like our current b-ball unis in theory but on the court they look kind of dumb. It’s like they designed them for only Cam Lard to look good in. Any other body type or alternative skin color makes them look weird.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@t-noah .... straying from the incorporation of black for a moment. You might have done this already at some point, but can you make a white-cardinal-white with the only change to our current combo being white numerals/nameplate with gold trim?
Was wondering when someone would ask for this. Yes I’ve done this before and didn’t like it as well. I like the more aggressive gold numbers w dark red trim like we have. I’d be happy to do it for you again. Things change/evolve. When I do do it you will see that it completely changes the look/ design. Some will like it I’m sure.

• Informative
Reactions: cyclones500

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
This could be nothing but cyclone equipment tweeted out some camo ISU gear, and OU is having “military appreciation night” for our game.

Thought that was interesting.

Prediction: Cyclone Equipment tweets out a normal uniform combo (W/W/R). They update their Twitter profile photo to something military related. People on cyclone fanatic try to predict something different is up since they don’t see part of the helmet in the uniform video. Cyclones come out in W/W/R with the normal I-State logo.

Reactions: MSPClone210

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@t-noah .... straying from the incorporation of black for a moment. You might have done this already at some point, but can you make a white-cardinal-white with the only change to our current combo being white numerals/nameplate with gold trim?

Was wondering when someone would ask for this. Yes I’ve done this before and didn’t like it as well. I like the more aggressive gold numbers w dark red trim like we have. I’d be happy to do it for you again. Things change/evolve. When I do do it you will see that it completely changes the look/ design. Some will like it I’m sure.
CyUni 2021  c9 W3P1- w r w 12 RedfaceWhtStickRedText PPant WhtSocksWhtNumbersName.png CyUni 2021  c9 W3 42- w r w RedfaceRedStick AStripes WhtSocksWhtNumbersWhtName.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And white numbers/text in all-cardinal. CyUni 2021  c1 W3 42- r r r RedfaceRRB RedSocksWhtName.png

Reactions: CYCLNST8

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Those Ejim ones are SWEET....

lg-melvin-ejim-close-up-vs-cu-2010-jpg.68166

Especially when compared with the current ones.....

5be63edec7e72.image.jpg

The "tornado" sides on the current ones look awful.

I love how "Iowa State" is printed straight across on Ejim's, versus the curved "Cyclones" on our current ones. I also like the wide shoulder on Ejim's versus the really skiny shoulder strap look on our current ones.
The current basketball uniforms are the best we've ever had. Ejim's unis were fine but they looked like something you might wear in 2011. There's a reason no one wears baggy-ass uniforms with big ol thick shoulde straights; because it (now) looks pretty dumb.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This x1000. We need to add some white into our cardinal football uniforms.

I really like ULM's look this season.....

Marcus_Green_vs_CCU_2017.jpg

Caleb_Evans_vs_ULL_2018.jpg
Don't particularly like these two combos especially the bottom one, but since you posted these here "could" be an ISU version..white numbers
CyUni 2021  c9 W3D1 42- w r w RedfaceRedStick DStripes WhtSocks.png CyUni 2021  c13 W3 42- w r y RedfaceRedStick 76GoldPant WhtSocksWhtNumbersWhtName.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks. I like that. I think it's a more complete tie-in among all 3 parts. Jersey would work only with white helmet/white pants with what we have now, but a separate set of jerseys is less costly than extra helmets (and we already have two black/white helmet options).
You have a good point. No reason why they couldn't have two different sets of home jerseys. If I'm not mistaken we have two different sets of white pants now. Relatively cheap nowadays for a pwr 5 school.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Those Ejim ones are SWEET....

lg-melvin-ejim-close-up-vs-cu-2010-jpg.68166

Especially when compared with the current ones.....

5be63edec7e72.image.jpg

The "tornado" sides on the current ones look awful.

I love how "Iowa State" is printed straight across on Ejim's, versus the curved "Cyclones" on our current ones. I also like the wide shoulder on Ejim's versus the really skiny shoulder strap look on our current ones.

You're showing your age here. The wide shoulder is lame and outdated. The current jerseys are a throwback to '90s style cuts (not ISU specifically, but general '90s style).

The "twisters" on the sides aren't my favorite, but I like our current jerseys much more than earlier in the decade. We always get the standard big-conference Nike jerseys, so there's not a lot of room for unique elements.

We're not going to change it, but the I-State logo needs some updates. It looks a little cheap nowadays. i don't think it would be hard to update without losing its overall look.

• Disagree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks. I like that. I think it's a more complete tie-in among all 3 parts. Jersey would work only with white helmet/white pants with what we have now, but a separate set of jerseys is less costly than extra helmets (and we already have two black/white helmet options).
I'm glad you asked for a visual of white numbers/nameplate. I probably wouldn't have done that otherwise. The white numbers takes away too much of our gold for my taste and we start looking like Nebraska or NCState or something. Maybe a good compromise would be this, keep the gold numbers but have a white nameplate w/ gold trim? But like you said, two home jerseys...I still like the gold numbers best but now prefer it w/ white nameplate. CyUni 2021  c9 W1 12- w r w  RedfaceRedStick AStripes WhtSocks.png CyUni 2021  c3 W1 42- w r r RedfaceRedStick WhtSocks.png CyUni 2021  c7 W1 42- r r w BlkfaceBBW AStripes WhtSocksWhtName.png