For you realignment geeks (like me)....

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Let's hope for ISU's sake this pay to play doesn't create an NFL type of league with the best 25-30 teams, because we certainly wouldn't make that cut. We all love what CMC and JP have done with the football program the last few years, but we still have a big hill to climb to truly compete with the haves of CFB.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
"The schools with keen interest (Boise State and San Diego State, UNLV and Brigham Young) miss the sweet spot:

None are secular research institutions that would enhance the Pac-12 brand and bring enough value to the conference’s media rights package to increase revenue for current members."

Anyone else laugh at this quote? I love it when academics or research comes up in a conference realignment conversation.

Alex, I'll take "Who are Nebraska and Missouri for $700".

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
kick the elites out
setup conferences based on federal district court/any land grant universities are invited
send iowa to the elite league
much more to come there are some brilliant plans out there
never grovel to the elites
time to play some chess and stop playing checkers with the blue bloods

cyclonetrent

Feb 27, 2011
Johnston
Let's hope for ISU's sake this pay to play doesn't create an NFL type of league with the best 25-30 teams, because we certainly wouldn't make that cut. We all love what CMC and JP have done with the football program the last few years, but we still have a big hill to climb to truly compete with the haves of CFB.

Bring English Premier League style promotion/relegation to CFB!!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
kick the elites out
setup conferences based on federal district court/any land grant universities are invited
send iowa to the elite league
much more to come there are some brilliant plans out there
never grovel to the elites
time to play some chess and stop playing checkers with the blue bloods

Another disturbing no cap post from this camp....

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
All I gathered from that claptrap is that the "NFL gets it." If the NFL knows what it is doing and that is the model to follow, then the P5 schools will negotiate a deal with all networks in order to make the most money.

Imagine the NFC North competing against the AFC West for a separate TV deal? Absurd...

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

It seems to me that a 32 team NFL lite college football league is absolutely coming. Every playoff / realignment move in the last 10-15 years is on that course.

It's not necessarily a bad thing...those of us that remain can still be the top tier CFB league. There will just be a semi-pro (or pro) league above us.

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
It seems to me that a 32 team NFL lite college football league is absolutely coming. Every playoff / realignment move in the last 10-15 years is on that course.

It's not necessarily a bad thing...those of us that remain can still be the top tier CFB league. There will just be a semi-pro (or pro) league above us.
The schools in that league would lose their non profit status which is why it likely never happens.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and ISC

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
All I gathered from that claptrap is that the "NFL gets it." If the NFL knows what it is doing and that is the model to follow, then the P5 schools will negotiate a deal with all networks in order to make the most money.

Imagine the NFC North competing against the AFC West for a separate TV deal? Absurd...

I wish the NFL would do something like this. Living in Iowa I am tired of only watching NFC North games. I wish channels like CBS and FOX were for the Game of the week games and channels like CBS Sports, FS1, ESPN etc would show the remaining games. Would be interesting to see if they would make more money that way vs sunday ticket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron