Oddly Specific Things You Would Want To Go Back In Time To Witness or Be A Part Of

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
It may sound odd, but WWII. I just think it was an amazing time in this country. An age of deprivation and making do with what you got on the home front, for sure, and horrors overseas, but also a sense of the country as a team pulling together toward one cause with the assurance in your mind that you were on the right side of history, even when it didn't look like we had a snowball's chance of prevailing. Now to be totally honest, I wouldn't want to be in the fighting, because that was brutal and no place to wish to be. But the sense of one country pulling together toward a common cause is what was special about it, and so different from the petty bickering and fighting among ourselves we see today.

I was going to say your choice isn’t weird and it’s generic, but then you ended with this and it made me realize this would probably be a good trip for you.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
When the Pyramids were built, Stonehenge, the Aztecs and Incas, etc.

could you be more specific please? Like I want to go back and see the first time one of the tracks to lug those stones up to the pyramid broke and a cart holding a giant stone is running down a ramp at high speed.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Lots of good things in this thread that I would also like to go back to.

In addition, I would like to go back when a lot of food "inventions" were made. Like, who and how did someone discover putting seeds in the ground? How about making bread? What about the Egyptians making beer? I want to see the mistake of someone putting meat against fire. I think those things would be cool to see.

In addition, I would like to see the British monarchs in real time from the middle ages. Just interesting to see the back room dealings, why certain decisions were made, why certain people got pissed off and went to war, why certain betrayed their family/friend.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
could you be more specific please? Like I want to go back and see the first time one of the tracks to lug those stones up to the pyramid broke and a cart holding a giant stone is running down a ramp at high speed.

The beginning, how they managed to be built

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'd be interested in anything that we don't really know about, or knowledge was lost. The building of the pyramids example earlier was a good idea.

1. We don't actually know how ancient people's fought battles. I probably couldn't stomach watching one, but there are a lot of battles that had significant tactical differences (Greek Hoplites vs. Persians for example) we just don't know how it worked.

2. How did they make Damascus Steel?

Stuff like that.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
To see this live:
Jesse-Owens%E2%80%99-Gold-Medals2.jpg

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Matthew and John were 2 of the 12 disciples who lived with Jesus.
Right, but they all were written several years after the fact, and there's significant debate, even among religious scholars, on if they were actually written by the disciples themselves or people they gave accounts to.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Although a death wish, it would be fascinating to have been on deck on The Mary Celeste back in 1872 to see just exactly what happened, and where the crew ended up.

Reactions: Angie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Kind of odd, but whenever I see something from 1940's-50's era I get strangely nostalgic, wishing you could go back to a point where things were more communal and family oriented. Dinner around the table, reading the paper with your coffee type stuff.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
These are pretty modern, but to be at the Viking Saint playoff game with the rediculous walk off touchdown would be neat. Watch everyone lose their collective minds.

That has to be as close as humans can get to the feelings dogs have when they see their owner return home.

Also, if I could be the person who caught Bartolo Colon's homerun that would likely take the cake.

Miracle in Minneapolis? Was there, you are correct, collective minds were lost!