3rd recruiting weekend vs Ok State & Homecoming

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
https://newrestle.com/2019/10/23/knopick-and-trumble-to-visit-iowa-state/

Knopick and Trumble to visit Iowa State.
Cody Mainquist / 2 hours ago

The Millard South duo have already put together impressive off seasons. Now they are being rewarded for their hard work and dedication. Knopick a Junior and Trumble a Senior will head to Ames this weekend to see what Coach Dresser and the Cyclone program is all about.

Conor Knopick is coming off a fifth place finish at Super 32. He also was the 55KG winner at UWW and represented the USA this summer as a World Team member on the Greco team. Conor went 6-2 at NHSCA Nationals held in Virginia Beach. Knopick was a third place finisher at last years State tournament, finishing with a 57-2 mark. As a Freshman, He was 51-4 and a fourth place finisher. He will look to capture state titles his final two years of high school competition. He is currently ranked 16th in the nation at 126 pounds by Flowrestling.

Isaac Trumble enters his Senior season coming off a state championship last year at 182 pounds, He had an unblemished season with a 56-0 record. Sophomore year, Trumble finished runner up with a 53-2 mark. As a freshman, he was 44-13 and finished in fifth place. This offseason has been a successful one for Trumble. Last week he finished in third at Super 32. He was 5-2 at NHSCA Nationals. At Fargo, he was a double All-American, finishing in fourth in freestyle and third in Greco. He is currently ranked #9 in the nation at 195 pounds by Flowrestling, and is #155 of the top 200 wrestlers in the class of 2020.

cloneraslin

Apr 11, 2006
195 Isaac Trumble is a very underrated recruit. He pinned Gabe Christenson of SEP this summer at National Duals. This is what he has accomplished in 2019....
Undefeated (56-0) Nebraska State Champ @ 182
Fargo Freestyle All-American 4th @ 195
Fargo Greco All-American 3rd @ 195
Super 32 Place-winner 3rd @ 195
Yet FloWrestling has him at #155 o_O

Lets compare a past target we recruited Joey Zargo of NJ with the same tournaments.
NJ State - DNP (has never placed)
Fargo Freestyle AA 5th
Fargo Greco DNP
Super 32 DNP
But Flo has Zargo as the #36 2020 recruit???

Trumble would be a solid get IMO.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
195 Isaac Trumble is a very underrated recruit. He pinned Gabe Christenson of SEP this summer at National Duals. This is what he has accomplished in 2019....
Undefeated (56-0) Nebraska State Champ @ 182
Fargo Freestyle All-American 4th @ 195
Fargo Greco All-American 3rd @ 195
Super 32 Place-winner 3rd @ 195
Yet FloWrestling has him at #155 o_O

Lets compare a past target we recruited Joey Zargo of NJ with the same tournaments.
NJ State - DNP (has never placed)
Fargo Freestyle AA 5th
Fargo Greco DNP
Super 32 DNP
But Flo has Zargo as the #36 2020 recruit???

Trumble would be a solid get IMO.
I'm definitely on board with this kid the more I've seen! Thanks for sharing!

Note: Looks like he is now rated now as of today as #59 overall in the country on the senior big board and is a 4-star recruit (Yes, Flo is now using a star rating system)

Side Note: Zargo moved up even more to #28.. lol
Besides the fact Willie has a boy crush on him, any actual reason he is rated so high?

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015

Here is the match between Trumble and Christenson. An undersized Trumble was up 12-2 before he got the pin. Kid is a beast and absolutely destroys GC

Not trying to take away the validity of the win but by my scoring it would have been tied two takedowns a piece in a folkstyle match before the pin. I guess I wouldn't say he destroyed him. Either way I would be excited to land this kid. GC is a top level opponent and this kid looked great against him.

crooksie_26

Mar 24, 2006
Not gonna lie I’m getting pretty discouraged with our recruiting for this year and next. Out of all our visitors thus far I think we’ve gotten like 1 commit maybe. I love what the staff has been able to do with the guys so far, but sustained success will take some better recruiting imo. Here’s to hoping we can snag a few good ones in the coming weeks for this year or next because the top dogs keep flying off the board.