Nebraska’s schedule too difficult for Scott Frost

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I’m not defending Frost, but he does point out a problem the mega conferences have with the scheduling inequities that come into play.
They can easily fix that if they put a regular scheduling pattern in place rather than the random **** they do now. It is ridiculous that players can come to a university and participate for their full five years and not only not play at one or more of the stadia in the conference, but not even play one or more of the teams. In five years!

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They can easily fix that if they put a regular scheduling pattern in place rather than the random **** they do now. It is ridiculous that players can come to a university and participate for their full five years and not only not play at one or more of the stadia in the conference, but not even play one or more of the teams. In five years!

It's easier to understand if you think of the big 10 as a TV network or production company

Because it kind of sucks as a college athletic conference

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
******** if it is not, the moment that UN left the big 12, they were never going to be given an easy schedule in the Big 10. Look at their schedules the first 4 years, lots of OSU, Mich, Penn. St and MSU, and few games against the weaker teams in the conference.

The Big 10 would look weak if a new team came in and won the title, and they were going to make sure that it did not happen, and if it did, then UN would earn it.

It’s not the same thing. Nebraska’s “history” was already long history before they bolted for greener pastures. Don’t let that near Big 12 football title on their way out of the conference fool you, before that, during much of the ‘00s, it was season after season of 8 and 9 wins - if not worse. While at ISU we’re enjoying that level of success, it was nowhere near acceptable at NU, which is why they ran coach after coach out of Lincoln. While the move to the Big 10 was primarily a financial one, it was also NU’s AD’s way of trying to say “WE’LL SHOW YOU!!!” to OU and UT, which is the whole punchline in this thing because they went from a middling Big 12 program trying to reclaim its history to a dumpster fire Big 10 program clinging to its history as if it’s the only thing they own.

While a move would impact UT or OU, it wouldn’t impact them anywhere near on the order it’s impacted NU. And yeah, I know UT’s been a dumpster fire for much of the 2010s. I think their biggest problem is trying to find the right coach that will take them back to the next level. Charlie Steong certainly wasn’t that guy, and I have always had serious doubts that Captain MENSA has that ability as well.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
The Fuskers are really a joke , fans cannot accept being average, and Frost is really a hayseed

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Before we get too carried away with what UNL was hoping for when they went B1G, let's remind ourselves of the real reason they left the BigXII.

2000 - Oklahoma
2001 - Colorado
2002 - Oklahoma
2003 - KState
2004 - Oklahoma
2005 - Texas
2006 - Oklahoma
2007 - Oklahoma
2008 - Oklahoma
2009 - Texas
2010 - Oklahoma

Well stated.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
It's easier to understand if you think of the big 10 as a TV network or production company

Because it kind of sucks as a college athletic conference
Not responding to the thread et al, just this statement...

This is/was Delaney's vision. The B1G as it's own entity; even more separate than any NCAA athletic conference. It's the reason that when realignment was in full vigor there were rumors of more and more programs being courted by (or having interest in) the B1G including UVa, UNC, Texas, ND, etc.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Don't worry Scott, you'll have a season where you dont play Ohio State, Penn State, or either Michigan team soon enough. Such is life in the Big 10 west

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Remember when Nebraska was going to win the Big 10 West.

Edit: Excyding beat me to it.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
I’m sure I’ve posted this before, lived in NE in the from 74-82 (I survived). Got a bit of insight re their program. It was sustained with prop 48 and thug to near thug players. Osborne seemed to be wearing blinders regarding player behavior. Their walk-on program was strong then, too. Steinkuhler was one of their notable walk ons.
Many of you won’t agree but the Big 8/12 was top heavy then, too.
They will never get back to those glory days and 7/9 wins a year is their ceiling. Interest is dropping off a bit and they have had to buy thousands of tickets to keep the sell out streak alive. I’m really enjoying their demise and hope it continues or worsens.
Screw their arrogant and delusional fan base. May their suffering continue forever.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
They are @ Purdue and Maryland with Wisky and the Hawks at home. They wont' beat Wisconsin, shouldn't beat iowa and I can't see them winning both road games. I don't see them in a bowl game.

The great thing about this year is, the only reason they were hyped was because their schedule was so easy. They got everyone who was predicted good (sans Minnesota) at home and still won't make a bowl.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
They are @ Purdue and Maryland with Wisky and the Hawks at home. They wont' beat Wisconsin, shouldn't beat iowa and I can't see them winning both road games. I don't see them in a bowl game.

The great thing about this year is, the only reason they were hyped was because their schedule was so easy. They got everyone who was predicted good (sans Minnesota) at home and still won't make a bowl.
jJust my opinion but I think they were hyped just because they’re Nebraska and the Frost aura.
The Frost as a great coach is fading along with their season.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
What will really be awesome in all this if Frost leaves after like 4 years then goes somewhere and turns another program like UCF into a power. Further showing that you just can't win anymore at Nebby.
I didn't really follow him at UCF, other than seeing the national headlines.
It makes sense that he had success there though. Drop in a spread style coach in the middle of Florida recruiting, at a school that has at least some name recognition. Add to that a weak American conference and it isn't that hard to win a bunch of games.
Going undefeated is no easy feat, so I'll give him some props there.

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Next year they get Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa and Wisconsin all in a row with 3 being on the road. LOL,

They very likely will lose their last 5 games next year. The Purdue and Cincinnati games may very well determine if Scott Frost will ever coach a bowl as UNL's head coach. Highly unlikely he survives to coach the 2022 team

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2020/team/nebraska

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I live in Nebraska and I dont know any Husker fans who have crazy expectations for Forat and the team at this point. And I would guess that I know a very large pool of "average Nebraska fans".
At the beginning of the year, all the Nebraska fans that I knew believed Nebraska was going to be a contender for the Big 10 Title game in Indy. I'm sure there are some level headed fans who just wanted to see progress, but the national media buying into the hype and ranking them to start the year AFTER GOING 4-8, doesn't help.