***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Hard to get a rhythm going when you get like 2 running plays and 1 pass to you. They prefer to throw to Cohen for 2 yards a pop. You don't extend drives with 1 yard passes.

Their coach talks about being unpredictable, but they are ridiculously consistently predictable

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy and cstrunk

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
How the freaking heck is Chicago’s offensive struggles on the run game? The run game sucks because Trubisky is awful

I wouldn't blame it 100% on Trubisky, because the offensive line isn't exactly opening holes for their RBs. That being said, no defense in the league respects Chicago's passing game, which means they load up the box against the run. That is because Trubisky is that bad.

I've just seen it too many times - a good QB can completely change an offense.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How the freaking heck is Chicago’s offensive struggles on the run game? The run game sucks because Trubisky is awful

Ha, just looked at the box score. 54 passing attempts for 250 yards and 7 rushes for 17 yards. Talk about unbalanced and if you throw THAT much you'd expect to see more yards than that pedestrian total. Woof!

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Ha, just looked at the box score. 54 passing attempts for 250 yards and 7 rushes for 17 yards. Talk about unbalanced and if you throw THAT much you'd expect to see more yards than that pedestrian total. Woof!
The majority of those yards came late in the 4th quarter after the Saints defense had eased up too. He had like 100 yards before that.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Love Chicago.

Fun city.

Fun to visit in June or if you really like places like Bubba Gump Shrimp or Dicks Last Resort.

Otherwise I'll vote to shove this town into the lake.

Actually the Bears are perfect for Chicago. Should be better than it is and always living in the past. Hell. Toss the Bulls in there too

• Dumb
Reactions: ccruzen

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I am really starting to wonder if Nagy knows how to set up a run game. Howard only averaged 3.7 ypc last year.

From Nagy's meeting with the media today:

"I know we need to run the ball more. I’m not an idiot. I realize that. Seven rushes and the minimum amount of times, I totally understand that."

So there you have it, straight from the man himself. Matt Nagy - Not an idiot.

• Funny
Reactions: Acylum and cdface

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010

"I know we need to run the ball more. I’m not an idiot. I realize that. Seven rushes and the minimum amount of times, I totally understand that."

Sold. I still have high hopes for Nagy but this game really had me questioning him. To put the game almost entirely in the hands of Trubisky is baffling.

Haven't listened to Waddle and Silvy yet today. Should be interesting.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.

If you have to tell people you're not an idiot, you obviously realize you're doing something that makes you look like an idiot. Stop making yourself look like an idiot Matt.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and cdface

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
2 times with first and goal and 0 runs for Montgomery. The play calling has been a lot better but give the ball to your back whose gotten most of your yards so far.