Friday OT #2 - Halloween Music

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Nice job @Angie with the Psycho Killer pick. Such an underrated song.

It's just a fantastic song. My 9-year-old was singing it the other day, as I've had it on pretty frequent rotation at home.

But, my 5-year-old told a teacher at his school last night that Adam Yauch is his favorite Beastie Boy, so maybe their tastes aren't conventional?

Regardless - Talking Heads are a grossly underrated group!

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500 and GTO

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's just a fantastic song. My 9-year-old was singing it the other day, as I've had it on pretty frequent rotation at home.

But, my 5-year-old told a teacher at his school last night that Adam Yauch is his favorite Beastie Boy, so maybe their tastes aren't conventional?

Regardless - Talking Heads are a grossly underrated group!

RIP

Daughter and her friends were discussing music a couple of years ago and disclosing their favorite song. Everyone was making fun of her because she said Bohemian Rhapsody. I told her don't sweat it because she is going to be cool in college because she likes music from all different periods/genre. Son (11) loves his classic rock. He's always playing AC/DC, Ozzie, George Thorogood, ELO, etc.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
RIP

Daughter and her friends were discussing music a couple of years ago and disclosing their favorite song. Everyone was making fun of her because she said Bohemian Rhapsody. I told her don't sweat it because she is going to be cool in college because she likes music from all different periods/genre. Son (11) loves his classic rock. He's always playing AC/DC, Ozzie, George Thorogood, ELO, etc.

Yes! I figure I'd prefer that he be able to sing "Boris the Spider" from heart rather than solely sing all Lil Nas X and Taylor Swift. We listen to a wide range (pretty well everything besides most pop and post-1950s country), so I figure that it makes the kids be able to communicate with pretty well anyone.

Reactions: VeloClone

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Yes! I figure I'd prefer that he be able to sing "Boris the Spider" from heart rather than solely sing all Lil Nas X and Taylor Swift. We listen to a wide range (pretty well everything besides most pop and post-1950s country), so I figure that it makes the kids be able to communicate with pretty well anyone.
My 4-year old sings Old Town Road all the time. Says "can't nobody tell me nothing".

• Funny
Reactions: Angie and VeloClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron