Dear Florida: Jamie Pollard is savage

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
One more game must be against one of the other 50 schools in the big conferences.
Play a team from another conference that finished in the same place you did. For example, If you're the #8 SEC team, you play the #8 P12 team to kickoff the season the following year. (Rotate the conferences that play each other each year, also, so you would play a team from each conference every five years.) That should make for some lively #1 vs. #1 conference matchups every year.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
Might be unpopular with some, but I'm in favor of schedule Iowa H&H for 2 years and then 2 years off. In the 2 years off, schedule UNI to keep an instate game that sells tickets. We could also then schedule more interesting Power5 schools, lets start with Florida.

UNI UNI FCS FCS
atPower5 Power5 atIowa Iowa

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Might be unpopular with some, but I'm in favor of schedule Iowa H&H for 2 years and then 2 years off. In the 2 years off, schedule UNI to keep an instate game that sells tickets. We could also then schedule more interesting Power5 schools, lets start with Florida.

UNI UNI FCS FCS
atPower5 Power5 atIowa Iowa
Why not play Florida AND Iowa? I have no issue with that.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I had to go check myself. Holy smokes batman, they really played 2 FCS schools this year and are talking about strength of schedule.
Not sure why they are playing two FCS schools and definitely not kosher. That being said, their other two OOC opponents are Miami (Fla.) @ Orlando (W) and Florida State, so that kind of evens out + they do have to play Auburn (W), @ LSU (L) and Georgia @ Jax in SEC play, and if they win the East, they will have to play LSU (again), Alabama or Auburn (again) @ Atlanta. So, the Gators will be tested! Compare that to say Oklahoma who plays...Texas @ Dallas (W), Iowa State and @ Baylor as their top 3 toughest teams.

Reactions: Doc

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
From some of the Twitter replies by Florida fans you would thing that the Mcelwain era was a tremendous success for them, and they in no way had any down years.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
You don’t want your schedule too tough. Remember 2002 with Seneca? That was one of the toughest schedules I have ever seen and ISU ran out of gas by the end.
The Big Xii was much tougher in 2002 than it is now. For goodness sake, ISU has been favored in EVERY Big Xii Game so far in 2019! lol. Adding Florida would make it more interesting. Plus, if adding home and home with Florida would be too tough, Jamie would be better off keeping his mouth / fingers shut.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bwalk and 06_CY

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
That was due to conference games, which ISU had no control over. Four road games against top-20 teams in a 5-week span.
That was due to conference games, which ISU had no control over. Four road games against top-20 teams in a 5-week span.
Also Florida State neutral and at Iowa
Also UCONN when they were decent with an NFL QB Dan Orlovsky. That schedule was rough

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Iowa is also not an "optional" opponent. FSU, Tennessee Tech, Troy State, and UConn were the 4 variables in that schedule.

6-1, then at #2, at #7, home, at #12, at #17. That's what made that schedule so tough.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
IMO the SEC and ACC will end up playing 9 conference games within the next 3-4 years. The ACC and SEC network games have no national interest. Watching Alabama play NorthSouth Tennessee State in Oct/Nov is a dud for TV.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Also noticed North Carolina and Wake Forest played each other in early Sept as a non-conference game. I am sure the fans would much rather see that game than an FCS or mid-major game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Also UCONN when they were decent with an NFL QB Dan Orlovsky. That schedule was rough

When we scheduled UConn they were barely FBS- 2002 was their first season.

One of the many times we've tried to schedule an easier game and by the time we got it we got ******.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Off the top of my head we have faced Carson Wentz, David Johnson, Dan Orlovsky, and Julian Edelman for our “easy” opponents.

Utah was ****** when scheduled them too. Well they came to Ames and pushed our **** in.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron