Hawks in Lubbock

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The hatred must be strong with them, to actually spend money just so you can go actively root against a team that you play once a yr. IF I go to carver hawkeye or Kinnick I try very hard to spend no more than my ticket money, there's no reason to fund their AD.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
They travel to ISU games better than their own bowl games.

Sounds like a great meme!

Hawkeye fans
(insert picture of Hawk fan at ISU away game)
Iowa State games > Iowa bowl games

or
Hawkeye fans
Iowa State away games > Iowa bowl games

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I sat near a couple who were Hok fans at the KSU game last year. The hubby was decked out in his Hok gear & the wife at least tried to hide her true allegiance by wearing KC Chiefs clothing. Despite this lame attempt, I caught them multiple times cheering for the Purple Kitties. I was in a poor mood by halftime - but had the last laugh as we dominated the Vampire in the 4th quarter. As we finally took the lead, I wanted to say something to them - but the look of disappointment on their faces as the crowd went wild was pure gold.
Sitting through that cold weather just to troll us is whole new level of jackassery. You should have let them have it.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not changing any subject. People who wear clothing of a team that isn’t playing at the game they are attending, are morons. I don’t go to many live games anymore, and that stuck out to me there. It’s weird.
I've seen it done by Cyclones (rarely) and I want to punch them in the face. I can't wrap my head around it.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
Sounds like a great meme!

Hawkeye fans
Iowa State games > Iowa bowl games

or
Hawkeye fans
Iowa State away games > Iowa bowl games

3e42gt.jpg

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
So does this apply to baseball? I have definitely worn a twins hat to a random white sox game while I lived in Chicago.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Sitting through that cold weather just to troll us is whole new level of jackassery. You should have let them have it.
Believe me, I thought about it. I was with one of my daughters (a high-schooler) and the couple was older than me, so I didn't say anything. However, I did point out that jackassery to my daughter and told her that this was one reason why Cyclone fans generally loathe the Hoks.

Reactions: CloneFan4

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Iowa fans wearing their hawk gear to ISU games is their fans pissing on ISU, plain and simple. It’s the residual effect of the 1980’s spilling over into the first quarter of this century. Some bad habits are just hard to break.

Keep on taverning tavern hawks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Believe me, I thought about it. I was with one of my daughters (a high-schooler) and the couple was older than me, so I didn't say anything. However, I did point out that jackassery to my daughter and told her that this was one reason why Cyclone fans generally loathe the Hoks.

Baseball doesn’t make any sense anyway so you’re good. Just say that’s the little league team you coach.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Where there is a Walmart there will be Hawkeye fans. I like to imagine most hawk fans are narcissists, they are just infatuated with themselves.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I honestly believe that some of these people just buy and wear Iowa apparel just because they live in, or are from, Iowa. I see far too many of them out farting around in their yards, shopping, etc. wearing Iowa sweatshirts, oblivious or uncaring that Iowa is actually playing a game at the same time.

• Agree
Reactions: wclarson