Hawks in Lubbock

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Ran into people like that in Austin at the Texas game last year. Biggest dicks I think I’ve encountered. After the game one came up and said “nice try bud”
Sounds like what happens when you mix a hawk and Texas.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Same goes for the game watches in Denver. Without fail there is always 1 or 2 hawk fans at our game watches. Sometimes more even though there are at least three Iowa bars within walking distance. I’ve come to the conclusion they’re the big brother with no friends.
They aren't our big brother, so no

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Funny thread in a sad way! I long-ago came to the conclusion that some EIU fans don't own anything without a hawk logo, which explains why they wear it everywhere. Funerals, weddings - much worse than ISU football games...

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and Cyrocks

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The way I see it, if you're going to wear your team gear to a game where your team isn't playing, especially your rival, you've lost the right to ***** when someone inevitably heckles you.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It’s CyHawk 24/7 365 for them. I suspect their little bro complex will get worse the longer Fran, Fat Ferentz, and Barta are there

Reactions: Acylum

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I mean, I get it if you are a native Iowan living in TX and want to see an Iowa team play. But just wear neutral gear unless your goal is to get dirty looks from people.

Or at least just a shirt...the jersey or being all Hawkeyed out is just that belligerence piece.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Funny thread in a sad way! I long-ago came to the conclusion that some EIU fans don't own anything without a hawk logo, which explains why they wear it everywhere. Funerals, weddings - much worse than ISU football games...
They spent like, $15 dollars for that T-shirt at Walmart. They’re going to damn well get use out of it.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
I went to the broncos game last Thursday. People were wearing packer jerseys. Also saw a few Bear jerseys. Talk about morons.

• Agree
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I went to the broncos game last Thursday. People were wearing packer jerseys. Also saw a few Bear jerseys. Talk about morons.

Don't try to change the subject. But, yes, they are morons.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Don't try to change the subject. But, yes, they are morons.

Not changing any subject. People who wear clothing of a team that isn’t playing at the game they are attending, are morons. I don’t go to many live games anymore, and that stuck out to me there. It’s weird.