Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Kenyon HAS to get off the internet. Immediately.

He's making what was going to be a tough road for his kids anyway even tougher.

Also, you have to be damn good to play at any DI and AMAZING to play at a P5. Kenyon isn't doing his kids any good telling them to play at a level above where they should be. Let their prep year play out and if you end up with better Summit or Horizon offers than Western; great, go play there and be successful. Its so telling that the Valley, which does a great job of taking potential and turning it into something, wasn't interested at this point.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
From the Kenyon thread on HR:

My boys did their announcement and then turned off their notifications. They never wanted to do the showcases that “rate” players. They wanted to stay in the gym, work on their weaknesses and play the game the right way.
Keep in mind that Kenyon had to endure Dr. Tom Davis as his coach while at Iowa. His boys will be in better hands....:eek::confused:

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
This whole thread (and every thread related to it) --

CleverSleepyAustralianshelduck-small.gif

I do not think I have laughed this hard in a long time.

Bless you, Fran. You make this fun.

Thanks to @CyTwins too for the leaks, news, wit, and comebacks, too.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sounds like the ship has sailed for Sibley. Fran is down to two of his top targets.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

My boys did their announcement and then turned off their notifications. They never wanted to do the showcases that “rate” players. They wanted to stay in the gym, work on their weaknesses and play the game the right way.
...ok. So do 1000's of other kids. It's like Hawkeyes are instructed to say "the right way."

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone and DSMCy

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Is this him?

upload_2019-10-22_20-49-37.png

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
North side hawk may seriously be the stupidest of the stupids, and the most insecure in a fan base that is insecure off the charts.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
garza has no chance at the NBA.. he’s way to slow footed.. he Wouod get crushed trying to defend 4’s in nba.. lmao..

Weiskamp might after his Jr year.. maybe.. Weiskamp= Uthoff. Uthoff has struggled to get anywhere close to nba roster.
Weiskamp is a more complete player than Uthoff and therefore will have a chance.

Garza however... just no.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Kenyon HAS to get off the internet. Immediately.

He's making what was going to be a tough road for his kids anyway even tougher.

Also, you have to be damn good to play at any DI and AMAZING to play at a P5. Kenyon isn't doing his kids any good telling them to play at a level above where they should be. Let their prep year play out and if you end up with better Summit or Horizon offers than Western; great, go play there and be successful. Its so telling that the Valley, which does a great job of taking potential and turning it into something, wasn't interested at this point.

Oh admit it, Kenyon as a regular contributor to hr would be amazing.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Weiskamp is a more complete player than Uthoff and therefore will have a chance.

Garza however... just no.
I am still not convinced that Wieskamp is an NBA player. He shot well last year but can he do it again when he is the main focus of other teams’ defense?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I am still not convinced that Wieskamp is an NBA player. He shot well last year but can he do it again when he is the main focus of other teams’ defense?
He'll never be the main focus. Joe seems like a good kid and a good basketball player.
He could fit into a team really nicely and get his 8-12 pts a night.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He'll never be the main focus. Joe seems like a good kid and a good basketball player.
He could fit into a team really nicely and get his 8-12 pts a night.
I see a little Jeff hornacek in terms of NBA fit