Oliver Martin Derangement Syndrome

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Brandon Smith is out this week and Oliver Martin still isn't on the depth chart. Some kid I've never heard of jumped him apparently
That is extremely interesting.. Should've gone to Notre Dame it looks like.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
@iahawks since basketball is off limits now what's your thoughts on Martin not making the two deeps even with Smith out for a while

You know that mid week two deeps don't ever tell the whole story especially with KF. I suspect we see Martin taking on the Tracy role as Tracy moves up to the Smith role. Losing Smith was a big blow for this team. He was the one guy where you could throw it up and have hope he could come down with the catch. Smith has continued to get better and better.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You know that mid week two deeps don't ever tell the whole story especially with KF. I suspect we see Martin taking on the Tracy role as Tracy moves up to the Smith role. Losing Smith was a big blow for this team. He was the one guy where you could throw it up and have hope he could come down with the catch. Smith has continued to get better and better.
Is Tracy a cheerleader?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Martin didn't even play vs Purdue and has played 7 snaps this month. Also Tracy sucks

• Funny
Reactions: GTO

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Martin didn't even play vs Purdue and has played 7 snaps this month. Also Tracy sucks

Murph, Andy, and Sears all agree that the reason Martin isn't playing is because Iowa's WR core is deeper and more talented than it has been in a really long time. I sh!t you not they were absolutely slobbering over Iowa's WR's.

BigRich

Oct 8, 2019
Our baby brothers over on Hokeye Pokey Forum are all up in arms over the rumors of Oliver Martin leaving Michigan and transferring to the hoks. Apparently this isn't quite correct.

Talked with his dad over the weekend: Facts
He loves Michigan.
He's not ever leaving.
If he did, ISU would be his lean more then Iowa.
His field efforts do not out weigh his degree efforts.

Iowa's lack of WR involvement hurt and is still hurting with the newest recruits.
I love that you refer to us as the little brother. Humor always brightens my day a bit.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Jones, Milton, Pettway and Kolar. Who is Smith better than on that list?
Scates is better than Smith as well.

Love this thread. The fact is Martin is not good enough to start on a Division 1 program, even one lacking WR talent like Iowa.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Scates is better than Smith as well.

Love this thread. The fact is Martin is not good enough to start on a Division 1 program, even one lacking WR talent like Iowa.

Scates has not been better than Smith this season, that's just crazy talk. Smith is pretty good folks. Tracy is not good.

Scates is better than Martin though.

• Agree
Reactions: cyowan

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Murph, Andy, and Sears all agree that the reason Martin isn't playing is because Iowa's WR core is deeper and more talented than it has been in a really long time. I sh!t you not they were absolutely slobbering over Iowa's WR's.

Did you learn nothing from Murph's rant about cyclone fans?!?! Like Murph said stats are useless when you are talking about the greatness of the Iowa WRs.

Take off your Cyclone blinders; Martin is third on the team in receiving TDs and he catches a TD 1 out of every 5 receptions. He is putting up those stats despite being in one of the deepest WR groups we may have ever seen assembled; not only in this state but maybe nationally.

Oh and hes 7th on the team in rushing. Lets see Landon Akers ******* do that!

*Looks up Landon Akers rushing yards*

Ok... hes definitely a poor mans Landon Akers. Never mind carry on

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Havnt you learned from those 3, Iowa is great and never has to prove themselves and ISU no matter what has to prove themselves over and over and over. No matter what sport. For some reason their go to line has been Iowa did beat ISU.