2019 Fantasy Football

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Who do you like better as his replacement options - Ty Johnson or JD McKissic? I think McKissic is more explosive and a better pass catcher but Johnson will get the early down/short yardage work.
I have Kerryon on one of my teams. I'm not excited about either player but I'll put in a claim for Ty Johnson and keep an eye on who the Lions bring in for a work out.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Another week, another hail mary at tight end for me. My best options on the waiver wire are Vance McDonald, Eric Ebron, Chris Herndon, and Ben Watson.

I see Irv Smith Jr is also available. That could blow up in my face but he was targeted by Cousins six times last week after Thielen went out and he has a pretty decent matchup.

• Informative
Reactions: IndyClone15

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Another week, another hail mary at tight end for me. My best options on the waiver wire are Vance McDonald, Eric Ebron, Chris Herndon, and Ben Watson.

I see Irv Smith Jr is also available. That could blow up in my face but he was targeted by Cousins six times last week after Thielen went out and he has a pretty decent matchup.

id go with ebron

• Agree
Reactions: IndyClone15

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

This will likely be the least popular answer but if he's active the correct answer is probably Chris Herndon.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
I'm leaning towards Smith. The Vikes only have for WR active for tonight's game and one of them is Laquon Treadwell so they basically have three. All those targets have to go to someone.

Not a bad angle. Though it might be a guessing game on targets between Rudy and Irv for Vikes TEs.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
This will likely be the least popular answer but if he's active the correct answer is probably Chris Herndon.

Thought about it. I like his stretch of matchups after this week but I'm not sold that he'll even be active or if he'll be on any sort of snap count if he is active or how Gase will use him.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Thought about it. I like his stretch of matchups after this week but I'm not sold that he'll even be active or if he'll be on any sort of snap count if he is active or how Gase will use him.
He's doubtful so its irrelevant now.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
He's doubtful so its irrelevant now.

I rolled the dice on Smith. He did manage three receptions so his output was pretty much on par with what I've gotten out of the TE spot all season. Other than Hockenson's big Week One game it's been a season long disaster for me.

I am going to pick up Herndon next week and hope that solidifies things the rest of the way.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I rolled the dice on Smith. He did manage three receptions so his output was pretty much on par with what I've gotten out of the TE spot all season. Other than Hockenson's big Week One game it's been a season long disaster for me.

I am going to pick up Herndon next week and hope that solidifies things the rest of the way.
I added Darren Waller after the draft when Matthew Berry was raving about him in a couple tweets. I was going to roll with Jimmy Graham. That Waller add was huge. He's the 2nd best scoring TE right now behind Austin Hooper. (In our league's scoring)

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I added Darren Waller after the draft when Matthew Berry was raving about him in a couple tweets. I was going to roll with Jimmy Graham. That Waller add was huge. He's the 2nd best scoring TE right now behind Austin Hooper. (In our league's scoring)

Missed out on both of them. The Hooper one really stings because he went undrafted and didn't get picked up until a couple weeks into the season. And the only reason I didn't pick him up was because I already had Julio Jones and I didn't want to put too many eggs in the Falcon basket.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I've been limping along all year with Delanie Walker. Finally gave up on that turd and made a trade, traded Brandin Cooks for Zach Ertz. Now just gotta hope Ertz finally turns it on this season.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I've been limping along all year with Delanie Walker. Finally gave up on that turd and made a trade, traded up Brandin Cooks for Zach Ertz. Now just gotta hope Ertz finally turns it on this season.

I've had a tough time swinging a trade. A few weeks back I offered Mike Evans straight up for Hunter Henry (this was before he was even back in the lineup). Got rejected in less than five minutes. And it's not that HH is better than Evans; it's just that there are so many more capable WRs than TEs right now. It's a high premium position.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've had a tough time swinging a trade. A few weeks back I offered Mike Evans straight up for Hunter Henry (this was before he was even back in the lineup). Got rejected in less than five minutes. And it's not that HH is better than Evans; it's just that there are so many more capable WRs than TEs right now. It's a high premium position.

Agree. I was surprised I was able to pull this one off. Not because I got a steal, just because there isn't a lot of trading in my league, maybe 2-3 total among all teams all season, tops, and because of the premium on TEs. Luckily the other guy had nothing at WR while sitting on both Kelce and Ertz at TE.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Agree. I was surprised I was able to pull this one off. Not because I got a steal, just because there isn't a lot of trading in my league, maybe 2-3 total among all teams all season, tops, and because of the premium on TEs. Luckily the other guy had nothing at WR while sitting on both Kelce and Ertz at TE.

Yeah, sounds like he got frustrated with Ertz and sold low. I don't know; what's left of Philly's schedule doesn't look great matchup-wise but you'd think that eventually the Eagles are going to put it all together on offense regardless of who they're playing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron