2020 Football Schedule

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Nice to see that both ISU and Iowa have one game each before the match-up...and no bye week. Unbalanced the past two years with Iowa getting one more game to iron things out before the CY-HAWK game. Love getting Baylor in November...would appreciate getting a Texas team at home every November.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Posters talking about not allowing Baylor with heaters, coats, etc. They'll get it all approved prior to the game like we should have with the tents. If an opportunity comes up to make it harder on their team we should definitely do it though.

I have no issue with Baylor being provided heaters on the visitor sideline. Now, if those heaters were to mysteriously break down after halftime? Hey, stuff happens. Screws fall out all the time; the world is an imperfect place.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa. I'm not picking a win over them until it happens.

I think we have a better squad, and will next year, but Campbell turtles against Ferentz.

Iowa felt like a 3 TD margin for a win, Baylor felt like it should have been 2 TDs.

Frustrating but a win this weekend sets up for ISU to be in a great position.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Early analysis: Think we go 10-2, lose @ Oklahoma St.
Not to disappoint you, but...

A. Tylan Wallace is a junior, and will doubtless be gone.

B. Chuba Hubbard is a redshirt sophomore, and would be insane not to go pro as well. Too much chance of injury.

C. Is there some reason you think the Cowboys will magically start playing good defense? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to toss that out there.

CheapClone1202

Has 3 legs
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2019
Not to disappoint you, but...

A. Tylan Wallace is a junior, and will doubtless be gone.

B. Chuba Hubbard is a redshirt sophomore, and would be insane not to go pro as well. Too much chance of injury.

C. Is there some reason you think the Cowboys will magically start playing good defense? :rolleyes:

Just wanted to toss that out there.

I think Spencer sanders is legit and Oklahoma State is the same team every year no matter who’s playing what position, but believe me I’ll take an easy win

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I think Fox or ESPN requested the bigger games of the year to be more spread out. The lack of rivalry games on rivalry weekend is odd

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Posters talking about not allowing Baylor with heaters, coats, etc. They'll get it all approved prior to the game like we should have with the tents. If an opportunity comes up to make it harder on their team we should definitely do it though.
Exactly, the tent thing was our own fault.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I think 8-5 sounds about right next year. Losing Bailey, Lima, Johnson on the DL and Spears at LB is quite at bit. Also losing the entire OL other than Newell. There will be a lot of new pieces in the trenches to start.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I think 8-5 sounds about right next year. Losing Bailey, Lima, Johnson on the DL

Bailey still has his redshirt year available, if he wants to use it. He can either go medical or regular since he played in so few games.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I think 8-5 sounds about right next year. Losing Bailey, Lima, Johnson on the DL and Spears at LB is quite at bit. Also losing the entire OL other than Newell. There will be a lot of new pieces in the trenches to start.

I would probably agree with an 8 win regular season. Offensive line will be key for next season's success.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Downing is returning. Possibly Bailey for the DL.

I think the OL will be 2018 level, but on the DL It’s a shame we didn’t redshirt Johnson in 2016.

We’ll have decent size with Ramos, Downing, Newell, Hudson, Foster/Grad transfer/juco. It would be great to get these guys more reps if the score allows.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think Spencer sanders is legit and Oklahoma State is the same team every year no matter who’s playing what position, but believe me I’ll take an easy win
As long as Gundy is there, okie light is a team you won’t ever be able to screw around with.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As long as Gundy is there, okie light is a team you won’t ever be able to screw around with.
Screw around with? No. Pencil in a loss to them next year? Not that, either.

Peterson is already filling Bailey’s shoes, and will only get better. Jake Hummel steps in seamlessly for Spears. The nose is the only thing I’m a bit concerned about on defense and I’m pretty sure this staff will manage that the way they did replacing Butler and Montgomery.

As far as the OL is concerned, I doubt Downing is out of the starting lineup the rest of the year. He and Newell will be a great duo to build around.

8-5? This isn’t your father’s Clonemobile. This team will be loaded.

D

Deleted member 8507

November 14: heaters banned from Baylor’s sidelines
#homefieldadvantagebro

Let them bring the heaters and have them on their sideline. Now if they don't list and get prior approval for the exact brand, grade and composition of the fuel for those heaters, they are denied fuel. Even better if they can look at the heaters and not use them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I like how this year's calendar sets up to only allow one bye week but the Thursday night game after the bye week gives something of a bye week after.

Game Sat 17th,
11 days off,
Game Thur 29th,
8 days off,
Game Sat 7th.

How about the cajones to schedule homecoming for the Oklahoma weekend. Campbell is not afraid of anyone.