New Uniforms Revealed

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Look at what Arizona State and Minnesota are doing with their gold. It's dumb if we've completely ditched it. That said, bring back the "sunflower" gold of the 70s.

gty_848077344_93835461.jpg

Sorry, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything here...

Maybe a walking Cy or something on the one side would surprise me (and maybe it's just the cartoonish look of the gopher on the left side of the helmet) but I think the helmets look silly.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Look at what Arizona State and Minnesota are doing with their gold. It's dumb if we've completely ditched it. That said, bring back the "sunflower" gold of the 70s.

Or maybe you're talking more like this:
Arizona-State-1.png

That's not a terrible look IMO. Just can't seem to find a gold jersey option I really like...

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Yeah and he hated those. Toledo was under a UA contract and the school wanted to do something new/different when they played on weeknights on espn or whatever.

notice after his first season at ISU the gold has never appeared again unless it’s a secondary color? No gold tops or pants

I won't doubt your statement, since I have no proof to the contrary.

I've inquired about this in previous uniform threads, and can't recall responses I got: When has Campbell specifically expressed his distaste for gold (as a main element, not a trim element)? Our latest design set suggests he'd prefer to downplay gold aspect, I just don't know how adamant he is about it.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Or maybe you're talking more like this:
Arizona-State-1.png

That's not a terrible look IMO. Just can't seem to find a gold jersey option I really like...

GettyImages-487933166.0.jpg

I agree that home jerseys with gold are more difficult, but these road unis are sharp.

• Agree
Reactions: k123

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I know everyone hates the poop emoji bugle logo but ESPN still uses it. A lot. So it's still in our logo catalog apparently.

My guess is some black and cardinal combo like black helmet with cardinal jersey and black pants. Maybe the thing they're up to is chrome cardinal facemask on black helmet with cardinal stencil I-State.

not everyone hates it.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Again, gold/yellow pants only work with a gold/yellow helmet option.

Pretty unreal that ISU does NOT have that as an option as "GOLD" is one of our school colors. It is a fantastic look.

G/C/G should be the main home set, not C/C/C (which is a "Fresno Statey - small time") look. I never liked a Cardinal helmet with gold pants either. Doesn't work.

A gold/yellow chrome helmet would look outstanding. Needs to be an option.

Attachments

• Gold-Yellow Chrome - ISU Helmet.png
    Gold-Yellow Chrome - ISU Helmet.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Yeah and he hated those. Toledo was under a UA contract and the school wanted to do something new/different when they played on weeknights on espn or whatever.

notice after his first season at ISU the gold has never appeared again unless it’s a secondary color? No gold tops or pants

I believe you based on the evidence of his gear and the team's uniforms, but how do you know "he hated those"?!?

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Not many people look good wearing a gold/yellow shirt. I can understand why there are fewer gold uniform options than in the past. Gold makes for an excellent accent color. But as many have mentioned on here, I would not mind some type of gold on the helmet.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm with Campbell on this one (if true)... I don't like the gold unless it's an accent color. Those Gophers uni's are awful. The cartoon character on the side is just plain dumb. All gold uniforms are just not cool in football.

That being said, IF we were to wear the gold pants, go with the cardinal helmets and cardinal jerseys... it works for USC... it would work for ISU.

A combo I would like to see: On the road... We wear black helmets, white jerseys, black pants... that would be Bad AZZZ.

The worst look ever: Men's basketball wearing all gold. I really despise that.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
The Lakers used to always wear gold uniforms at home. Do they still do that? (I am not an NBA fan.) It seemed to me that the Lakers wore the gold well.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I would like TCU's uniforms better if the neon crimson or whatever that color is was used a little bit less. The Toronto Raptors colors are really popular right now.

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018

Reminder that it could always be worse. How is red anywhere close to TCU colors?

My only guess would be the tie to horned frogs shooting blood from their eyes or whatever it is they do? Terrible look IMO would be like us throwing purple on our uniforms. Yikes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron