Marathon Runners Thread

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Who’s doing Des Moines this weekend?

anyone here trying for sub 3? We can link up and talk Cyclones to try and take mind off things for awhile haha

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
How everyone do today? I went 1:58 which I was happy with as coming back from injury.

Shout out to my 65 year old aunt that ran it in 2:00 and is her first half ever.

Had a plan to go through 13.1 in 1:28 and see what i could do. I did not hit that as i came through half in 1:25:30 was feeling great but knew i wasn’t going to sustain. Hit a wall 18-21 but powered through and finished in 2:53:47. Pretty happy with it!

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Had a plan to go through 13.1 in 1:28 and see what i could do. I did not hit that as i came through half in 1:25:30 was feeling great but knew i wasn’t going to sustain. Hit a wall 18-21 but powered through and finished in 2:53:47. Pretty happy with it!
Wow, nice job

Reactions: Messi

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Hey Runners...

I've been running between 10-20 miles a week for about a year and a half now. About 6 months ago, I went to Fleet feet in Des Moines to get some new running shoes. They have a "Fit ID" that does a 3D scan of your feet so they can determine which shoes and insoles are best for you. I'd never worn insoles before, but I bought the pair they recommended for my pronated stance.

How long does it take to get used to a new pair of insoles?

Ever since I started wearing the new shoes with insoles in them, my feet are the first thing to get tired during my run. Sometimes they are a little achey at night after long runs. I know that it is probably good for my knees because I do have a very pronated stance, but I would've thought I'd be used to them by now.

Should I just ditch them?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Hey Runners...

I've been running between 10-20 miles a week for about a year and a half now. About 6 months ago, I went to Fleet feet in Des Moines to get some new running shoes. They have a "Fit ID" that does a 3D scan of your feet so they can determine which shoes and insoles are best for you. I'd never worn insoles before, but I bought the pair they recommended for my pronated stance.

How long does it take to get used to a new pair of insoles?

Ever since I started wearing the new shoes with insoles in them, my feet are the first thing to get tired during my run. Sometimes they are a little achey at night after long runs. I know that it is probably good for my knees because I do have a very pronated stance, but I would've thought I'd be used to them by now.

Should I just ditch them?
Go back and tell them your issues. I've never used insoles and I'm very pronated too. I wear 2-3 different shoes while training with each being a little different 'type' of shoe. I have a high cushion, stability shoe I wear most but also have a couple low cushion, neutral shoes that I wear to 'strengthen' my feet and lower legs.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
How many miles do you guys typically put on your shoes? Mine have 300+ on them now, wondering if it’s about time.

Between 300-400 my left knee used to buzz when it was time for new shoes. Handy but right foot is too damaged by arthritis to run anymore MISS IT!

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
It’s peak treadmill season for me now. Is it just me or does everyones pace slow way down despite feeling the same physically?

I took about a month off but even once I got back into a schedule its a slog every time.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965