Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Oh my God Kenyon you need to stop. This is a bad look

Yea, this is embarrassing. Dad is already responding to twitter trolls and posting on message boards. Still a year away from kids even practicing in IC.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’m curious, since the recent success of ISU hoops started who has been on the police blotter. Here is who I could think of...

1. BDJ
2. Matt Thomas

Help me out...[/QUOTE
Lard.
THT

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I haven't scoped HawkeyeReport in years but I figured today was the right time for some schadenfreude. I was wrong, I have no interest in watching this train wreck happen in real time:

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/yes-this-is-kenyon-murray.289624/

This will be fun to watch unfold.

I literally lol'd at this comment from that thread:

I was encouraged by the fact that they had apparently played multiple pickup games with the current Iowa players that I'm assuming some of the staff watched. If they hadn't been able to cut it, I doubt they would have been offered.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
First off there's so much wrong with it. Marble and White had major conference offers and it's not even physically possible to add over 20 lbs of muscle in 6 months
I disagree with the muscle issue. Particularly with kids that age. I have seen one of my boys add serious mass in 6 months. With a proper plan, nutrition, sleep, etc it is not impossible. There is also the "growth" in height(which may be suspect).

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Not necessarily. Iowa for a long time has been a PR train wreck. This isn't a troll or a dig on Iowa, that's just the truth.
Social media can be great for instance when ISU is at the B12 basketball tourney.
I find twitter to be a cesspool but it's a good tool when used properly.

I do think it has schewed the perception of where the public is at especially in regards to politics or, in this case, sports fans....too many bend over backwards to appease the twitter mob and think they represent "average joe" when in realtiy it's the loud mouthed few.

Sorry for the rant

Last edited:

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Not necessarily. Iowa for a long time has been a PR train wreck. This isn't a troll or a dig on Iowa, that's just the truth.
Social media can be great for instance when ISU is at the B12 basketball tourney.
Oh....I agree that the Iowa AD is horrible at PR

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I disagree with the muscle issue. Particularly with kids that age. I have seen one of my boys add serious mass in 6 months. With a proper plan, nutrition, sleep, etc it is not impossible. There is also the "growth" in height(which may be suspect).

What's funny is last year they were listed at 6'8 and 6'7 and nobody wanted them but now that they are 6'8 and 6'7 they are worthy of a Fran scholarship lol

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I find twitter to be a cesspool but it's a good tool when used properly.

I do think it has schewed the perception of where the public is at especially in regards to politicsoe sports fans....too many bend over backwards to appease the twitter mob and think they represent "average joe" when in realtiy it's the loud mouthed few.

Sorry for the rant
Bending over backwards is not always a bad thing, bending over forward on the other hand.....

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
MadFran's final defense for signing the Murray's will be something like--
"I've heard it all before. Heard it when I signed my own sons. If you knew anything about basketball you'd know their FT percentage is elite. So GTFO. That includes you Dolph."

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Monte was in the bars after hours IIRC. Nader got an OWI. Throw Lard in there too but I think his charges were dropped

Not saying ISU hasn't had minor issues but it isn't uncommon for most college programs... and EIU isn't above it anyway. ex. Peter Jok and Cordell Pesml (who is on suspension currently).

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
This will be fun to watch unfold.

I literally lol'd at this comment from that thread:

I was encouraged by the fact that they had apparently played multiple pickup games with the current Iowa players that I'm assuming some of the staff watched. If they hadn't been able to cut it, I doubt they would have been offered.

If true, isn't that a recruiting violation?