Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I can say with total confidence that even in that exact scenario I wouldn't be excited that we rounded out our class with two players that don't even have ratings... I would be pissed that we didn't hold the schollys to balance out future classes.

I largely agree, it would deserve scrutiny, but Iowa isn’t at our level. Given Prohm’s history and other options, there would be some legitimate rational for optimism. Like when Self offered Frank Mason when Mason was a Townson commit.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Post #78 lol...

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/is-iowa-scrambling-in-the-2020-class.87307/page-4

DeanVogs: "If ISU lands Foster, the fans are going to melt down, I am going to melt down. Losing Carton stung, but he didn't grow up a Hawk fan. If we lose Foster to a program who doesn't even ****ing recruit Iowa, when Iowa has over 1/2 their roster being Iowan's, I'm gonna lose me ****. I'm already trying to prepare for the fact Foster is gonna go to ISU because I don't want to act a total fool when that news comes out. Somehow I think I'm going to lose that battle and still rant and rave like an idiot on this site if we lose him."

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Why do people keep overthinking this? There’s not some great plan. We’re talking about Fran McCaffrey. He just ******* sucks at recruiting. Period. Stop overthinking it.

This is where I am at in a few walks of life.

A loudmouthed, stupid hothead is not playing 4D chess on you.

He is just a loudmouth, stupid hothead. There is no plan or deep intelligence there.

This applies to another guy who vexes you often, Pants.

<3

This one is a new low, though. I cannot fathom the strategy here besides (1.) being out on literally everybody worth having, which would of course include Xavier Foster, and (2.) being really lazy/not wanting competition for his sons. I guess it would be all of them.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
that’s gonna Be tough for him and the two kids. If Foster doesn’t sign with Iowa, they will forever be linked with him.
I can see it already:
"I suspect Fran gave Foster an ultimatum. 'Commit now or I pull the offer'. Fran doesn't play games. The program comes first, and I know I'd rather have a team full of Murrays and McCaffreys who know what it means to be a Hawkeye, than a selfish, me first flash in the pan. We're better off without Foster. Mark my words."

It's coming. You know it

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Normally I wouldn't go to a hok board but curious to see what the spin would be.... how's this for a gem of a post.
View attachment 67757
Nothing like saying don't bag on the kids, look at what ISU recruited.

(Ahem)

AR-307209982.jpg

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Post #78 lol...

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/is-iowa-scrambling-in-the-2020-class.87307/page-4

DeanVogs: "If ISU lands Foster, the fans are going to melt down, I am going to melt down. Losing Carton stung, but he didn't grow up a Hawk fan. If we lose Foster to a program who doesn't even ****ing recruit Iowa, when Iowa has over 1/2 their roster being Iowan's, I'm gonna lose me ****. I'm already trying to prepare for the fact Foster is gonna go to ISU because I don't want to act a total fool when that news comes out. Somehow I think I'm going to lose that battle and still rant and rave like an idiot on this site if we lose him."

What a loser

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
  • Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron