The Insider Information Weekly Mailbag - Questions Submission

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Choose your adventure...
Scenario 1: ISU wins everything remaining game, except for Oklahoma, finishing the season 9-3. Lose tie breaker to Baylor and we watch them get killed in the Big XII championship game. ISU goes on to the Alamo Bowl and beats Utah 31-3.

Scenario 2: ISU wins out, goes to the Big XII championship and loses a tough one to Oklahoma 38-35. Oklahoma sneaks into College Football Playoff and we play LSU in the Sugar Bowl. Joe Burrow is on fire and we lose 42-24.

Which adventure do you choose?

• Creative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
What’s the deal with Texas? That defense is bad, I get they’ve had injuries, but this is Texas and they should have the depth. The least amount of points they have given up is 30 points in a conference game. I have mixed feelings about this, I would love to woodshed a bad Texas team, but also want them to win in Waco.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Choose your adventure...
Scenario 1: ISU wins everything remaining game, except for Oklahoma, finishing the season 9-3. Lose tie breaker to Baylor and we watch them get killed in the Big XII championship game. ISU goes on to the Alamo Bowl and beats Utah 31-3.

Scenario 2: ISU wins out, goes to the Big XII championship and loses a tough one to Oklahoma 38-35. Oklahoma sneaks into College Football Playoff and we play LSU in the Sugar Bowl. Joe Burrow is on fire and we lose 42-24.

2 and it’s not even close. I would have never thought I’d get to see Iowa State play for a Big 12 title and a Sugar Bowl

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
2 and it’s not even close. I would have never thought I’d get to see Iowa State play for a Big 12 title and a Sugar Bowl
Really? I get these are huge games, but something about losing the last two games of the season would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Choose your adventure...

How about Scenario 3: Run the table and manage to sneak into the CFP? ;)

Reactions: 2020cy

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
How about Scenario 3: Run the table and manage to sneak into the CFP? ;)
If only we could play special teams, I think you have to play in the Big 10 West to have a change at the playoffs with two losses.

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
I’m in favor of an expanded playoff for several reasons:
1. Teams that don’t “reload” have little to no chance at the playoffs.
2. College football scheduling is so unequal it is hard to quantify if team A is better than team B.
3. Current format has grown stale, can’t wait for Clemson vs Alabama, part 27.
4. Each conference has a rooting interest in their championship game. For example, if ISU played Oklahoma in this year’s championship game, the conference has a monetary interest for Oklahoma to win that game.

What is the best format for a college playoff expansion?

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Mallrats taught me that a schooner is a sailboat stupidhead. What the hell is a Sooner Schooner? Should it be in the water, is that why it keeps tipping over? In a related topic, is Texas “missing the boat” by not having a Bevo Moon Tower?

Reactions: GTO

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Got some for you here

1. Any takes on the Cyclones in the NFL? It feels nice to hear familiar names every so often on Sundays and I'm sure as long as CMC is here we're just going to add more people to the league. Not sure if either of you follow the NFL closely or not but figured I'd throw it out there in case you do

2. Is Baylor actually this good? Outside of Texas and OU I don't think they're going to lose again this year. Seeing them go 10-2 so fast after well, you know what happened, would really suck and the thought of them being in the Big 12 title game is vomit worthy.

3. Spent the afternoon talking about basketball with my dad and we noticed that Dudley Blackwell had as many or more(can't remember which and it's 2 am, I'm not checking right now) P5 offers as all 4 of Iowa's 2020 recruits combined according to Rivals. I guess I need to make this a question, so can I get a rating on how funny this is?

Reactions: GTO